Thread: Easy Peasy Curried Zucchini Soup page

maba is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

I made this soup today for brunch and ate it with a big fat frittata. It was inspired by lil_earthmomma's butternut squash soup. I just eye-balled the amounts, so please feel free to adjust the quantities to taste.

Ingredients:

1 large zucchini - roughly chopped into big chunks

1/2 onion - chopped

2 cloves garlic - finely chopped

1/2 inch ginger - finely chopped

turmeric - a pinch (optional)

curry powder (I used 7 seas Malaysian curry powder)

Coconut milk - 1/2 can

S + P

coconut oil to cook

Heat up some coconut oil and fry chopped onion till it turns translucent. Add chopped garlic and ginger and saute for a minute. Add turmeric (if available at hand). Add the zucchini and curry powder and saute till the veggies soften slightly. Add salt and pepper to taste.

If you have an immersion blender:

Add coconut milk, simmer for a few minutes and blend it using the immersion blender.

If you don't:

Let the zucchini cool down for a few minutes. Transfer to a blender, add coconut milk and water (if needed) and blend the mixture. Transfer this mixture back to the pot and let it simmer for a few minutes.

Serve with grated parmesan. Garnish with chives/cilantro.

nina_70 Guest

Oh yum, yum....I've been wanting to do something w/ zucchini for a while. Thanks for sharing maba!

maba is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Do try it Nina, I think you'll like it. I'm the slowest cook and even I put this together in less than 1/2 hour. If you have an immersion blender, it's even faster. I think this recipe would work well with cauliflower and broccoli too.