Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh oh potato! page 2

jessierae is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    im glad you guys are down with eating potatoes. i live in idaho and have spent the last year growing certified organic potatoes, gotta be honest the only time i ate them i cooked one of our 7 varieties to sample, and didnt finish the whole thing(lucky chickens). id much rather promote wildlands preservation so that mama nature can go ahead and feed and take care of all of that healthy delicious wildlife.

It's amazing how much oil potatoes can soak up in french fries. I haven't had them for so long, but nothing beats chips and gravy.
    Last edited by Forgotmylastusername; 03-07-2013 at 02:34 PM.

Bane is offline Senior Member
    That fryer is a piece of garbage. The fries you get out of that thing aren't worth the hassle.

I've made fries at home the last few times we've had them, and my kids now ask me for my homemade ones instead of the frozen ones. Just toss them in some olive oil (try adding chili powder for a cool change) before putting them on parchment on a baking sheet (easy to control how much you use, measure it before adding to a large bowl). A couple tablespoons is enough for a huge batch of fries.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Pure coconut oil makes the lightest, crispiest fries.

Bane is offline Senior Member
    Oh, definitely. It's a bit expensive here, so I save that for my yam fries. I can't waste it on a lowly potato!

I gain weight easily when I eat potatoes consistently... But I can't help having a poutine now and then, with add smoked meat

eig
    eig is offline Senior Member
    I lost 10lbs once by cutting out only potatoes in my diet. Needles to say, I was eating too many of them! I enjoy one from time to time now, and that seems fine.
    "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve. -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

patski is offline Senior Member
    I absolutely love potatoes. My family is Polish, and we Polaks run on potatoes and kielbasa. It's in our DNA. We must eat our potatoes, lest the ghosts of our ancestors come back and chase us with a belt, yelling ridiculous insults!

Baby potatoes roasted in the oven with lard, coconut oil, or tallow...with some sea salt, cracked black pepper and a touch of garlic powder = DIVINE

Sweet potatoes. Don't get me started on sweet potatoes. It's a love affair. I'm honestly a happier person eating loads of sweet potatoes!

I was low carb for a damn long time, and always felt like shit. Starch and me = happy.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

calee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    I absolutely love potatoes. My family is Polish, and we Polaks run on potatoes and kielbasa. It's in our DNA. We must eat our potatoes, lest the ghosts of our ancestors come back and chase us with a belt, yelling ridiculous insults!

Baby potatoes roasted in the oven with lard, coconut oil, or tallow...with some sea salt, cracked black pepper and a touch of garlic powder = DIVINE

Sweet potatoes. Don't get me started on sweet potatoes. It's a love affair. I'm honestly a happier person eating loads of sweet potatoes!

I was low carb for a damn long time, and always felt like shit. Starch and me = happy.
    I think you're my Polish sister. I'm thinking of going to Poland this summer. I wonder how many different ways I could eat taters there?

Sweet potatoes? What would life be like without them?

I think it's time for a trip to the Polish grocery. They were closed last Sunday when I tried.

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    Pure coconut oil makes the lightest, crispiest fries.
    I much prefer them cooked in pork fat - rendered down of course!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast