Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A cry for HELP! page 2

TraceurX is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    thanks everyone, my parents agree that HFCS is bad but are not sure about sugar. I have tried to reason with them about not eating grains but so far no luck. I will continue trying to get them to read one of the many paleo books I have on my kindle, and will try to substitiute potatos and sweet potatos for grains. they don't have much problem with me eating more fat, as they think that I should gain some weight again after I lost 15 pounds, they think I am too skinny. It's the grains they are worried about, and carbohydrates. They think I'm going on Akains or something. But I will continue to try

Grok ON!

JoPaleo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TraceurX View Post
    My mom used to be a regestured nurse so she does not believe that grains can be bad. My dad just nods and agrees with my mom. My 'rents do not believe that grains can be anything but good.
    how frustrating. have you told them that when you have eaten grains in the past, you get headaches and when you eliminated the grains, your headaches were gone and you felt full? how did they respond?

I mentioned that i felt full but they just sadi that I can feel full with grains too, and my headaches aren't always there they apear like onece or twice a week, when I stopped eat grains they did not appear for a whole month

JoPaleo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TraceurX View Post
    I mentioned that i felt full but they just sadi that I can feel full with grains too, and my headaches aren't always there they apear like onece or twice a week, when I stopped eat grains they did not appear for a whole month
    oh i see. see what happens when you tell them that you didn't get a headache for a whole month when you stopped eating grains. it's not going to be easy to convince them that eliminating grains completely will be good for your health but it's worth a shot. and there are some good suggestions that members have been posting....

especially this:
    Quote Originally Posted by taylor044 View Post
    The problem is you are a minor and don't have complete control over your life, just take it slow and try to explain this stuff to them.
    good luck and keep us posted. : )

joelwlcx is offline Senior Member
    Force feed... Child abuse?

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Also,TraceurX, we have many nurses, doctors, nutritionists, and other healthcare practitioners who post here on this site.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

so I think if I can get them to read Good Calories, Bad Calories they might be convinced, thanks for all your help

weird fish is offline Senior Member
    Just say that you've noticed lately that you get diarrhea when you eat wheat/grains. If your parents are anything like mine, that will be much easier and less frustrating than trying to convince them to change or at the very least support and accommodate you.

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    Make sure they see you eating tons of veggies, and point out that your carbs and fiber come from them. Parents love seeing kids eat salad, even if half a pound of chicken is in it. Show them that you're still eating plenty, and what you're eating is healthy. Try focusing on what you are eating, and the benefits, and let the grain angle slide.
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joelwlcx View Post
    Force feed... Child abuse?
    THANK YOU .....

the level of control this statement implies is staggering.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast