Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Body by science for girls. page

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member

Body by science for girls.

Primal Fuel
    Any Primal girls doing this? Do you do it at home, at the gym? What exercises, how many reps, etc?

How have your results been?

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    I've been doing a BBS-inspired version of the PB Fitness workout once a week for the last 4 months. Prior to that I was doing the PBF twice a week, per Mark's guidelines,(since Nov 2010.)

I have progressed on all the exercises. I am now doing level 7 wide/close push-ups, level 4 dead-hang pull-ups/chin-ups, level 8 pistol squats, level 5 handstand, and level 7 spiderman planks. My progression got faster when I went to the once-a-week to "failure" regime.

And I am strong, but not bulky at all.

Can you describe it more? I've never heard of it, but I'm curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I've been doing a BBS-inspired version of the PB Fitness workout once a week for the last 4 months. Prior to that I was doing the PBF twice a week, per Mark's guidelines,(since Nov 2010.)

I have progressed on all the exercises. I am now doing level 7 wide/close push-ups, level 4 dead-hang pull-ups/chin-ups, level 8 pistol squats, level 5 handstand, and level 7 spiderman planks. My progression got faster when I went to the once-a-week to "failure" regime.

And I am strong, but not bulky at all.
    I don't give a rats ass about the whole girl 'bulky' fear. I wanna be strong and cut! So tell, me how is your PBF inspired by BBS? Do you do higher levels than you could complete the full 50 reps on? For example, I can do about 10 push-ups on my hands and knees, but if I want to do the full PBF sets I have to push-up on a bench. So do I do the harder level for less reps to failure?

Thanks for sharing your progress, you are kicking ass!!

Quote Originally Posted by kivawolfspeaker View Post
    I've never read the book, but here is a YouTube video describing BBS using machines:
    ‪BODY BY SCIENCE 7 (THE "BIG 5" WORKOUT)‬‏ - YouTube

RSL
    RSL is offline Senior Member
    I started BBS on June 21, 2011. I am blogging about it here.

I am doing it at home using free weights.
    Rebecca

Right click here to watch me lose 22.5 pounds of body fat and gain 5.5 pounds of muscle in only 5 months right before your eyes in this cool morphing video!

Click the banner below to visit my blog:

Feb 2009 - 158 pounds - 43.6% body fat
    Aug 2013 - 138 pounds - 34.3% body fat
    So far, lost 19.8 pounds of body fat and gained 1.8 pounds of lean mass
    Goal - 136 pounds - 30% body fat
    Still need to lose 6.4 more pounds of body fat and gain 4.2 more pounds of lean mass

RSL
    RSL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kivawolfspeaker View Post
    You can watch an explanation by the author here. Be sure to progress to video #2 after you watch this first one.
    Rebecca

Right click here to watch me lose 22.5 pounds of body fat and gain 5.5 pounds of muscle in only 5 months right before your eyes in this cool morphing video!

Click the banner below to visit my blog:

Feb 2009 - 158 pounds - 43.6% body fat
    Aug 2013 - 138 pounds - 34.3% body fat
    So far, lost 19.8 pounds of body fat and gained 1.8 pounds of lean mass
    Goal - 136 pounds - 30% body fat
    Still need to lose 6.4 more pounds of body fat and gain 4.2 more pounds of lean mass

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I don't give a rats ass about the whole girl 'bulky' fear. I wanna be strong and cut! So tell, me how is your PBF inspired by BBS? Do you do higher levels than you could complete the full 50 reps on? For example, I can do about 10 push-ups on my hands and knees, but if I want to do the full PBF sets I have to push-up on a bench. So do I do the harder level for less reps to failure?

Thanks for sharing your progress, you are kicking ass!!
    I do the exercises super slow and work as close to "positive failure" as I can without hurting myself. For example, I do pistol squats until I am in danger of falling on my ass due to muscle fatigue! I will often throw in a few super-slow regular squats at the end to make sure I have truly squeezed out as many as I can. After my wide/close pushups, I will take a few seconds and then do as many super-slow regular pushups as I can--not many at that point.

Basically, I want to be a jellyfish at the end of my 10-15 min workout.

I follow the progression in the PB Fitness pdf. Once I meet or exceed the suggested number of reps for that level, I move up to the next level.

Definitely work at the hardest level you are at in the progression.

Also, I do dance "sprints" once a week and walk 1-2 hours daily.

Moving slowly as often as possible & IF helps me drop my body fat faster than anything else.

Thanks so much Dragonfly and Rebecca!

Rebecca, I have free weights at home but no spotter, well except for my 8 year old who weighs less than I can bench.

I love the idea of doing it with bodyweight like Dragonfly does, as it's something I can do at home on my own. I'll give it a go this week.

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I love the idea of doing it with bodyweight like Dragonfly does, as it's something I can do at home on my own. I'll give it a go this week.
    Ditto! Thanks for sharing how you've combined them--totally intriguing!
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast