Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you ever find it hard to believe? page

ShannonCC is offline Senior Member

Do you ever find it hard to believe?

Shop Now
    I was shaking my head today.

I still have a long way to go, but in about 3 months primal, my blood pressure has gone down considerably (no longer pre-hypertensive), my triglycerides went down over 100 points, I've lost 17 lbs and gone down a dress size (plus a little more, but not quite 2 sizes yet).

And I did it all while eating bacon. And heavy cream in my tea. And steak. And full fat salad dressing. Yummy, yummy foods that I avoided for so long. "Sometime foods" have become my everyday fare. And it doesn't just taste good, it's making me healthier.

Sometimes it just seems so bizarre

Or, as my husband quips while digging into a big steak - "This *can't* be good for me!" (the husband whose blood sugar is wonderfully down and who we had to buy new pants for last week because he shrank a few sizes).

Man, this is so much better tasting and, apparently, better for us, than the low fat veg we ate before.

HTownGirl is offline Senior Member
    Today, for the first time, people who haven't seen me in a while actually noticed that I looked different. Comments were "your skin looks amazing--I am 52 and have ditched foundation and only wearing tinted moisturizer" and my sister in law stated, "You mentioned that weight loss was slow, but your body is totally being reshaped." Everyone wanted to know what I was eating--we were at a baby shower and there I was only eating raw crudites and fruit, and a few squares of cheese.

I don't think I've even gone down a size in my pants (I think I have lost in my stomach, but it has dropped some which would explain why my pants are not as loose as I'd like in the waist), but you can really see the difference in my upper body. Face is thinner, and I have neck bones now, and my rib cage has lost almost all of the fat. Wish my gut were gone, but it will happen. I wore a pretty sun dress and felt fabulous in it. I had tried the same dress on a couple of months ago, and it didn't look good on me, but last week I tried it on again and bought it.

And, like you, all while eating a skillet of bacon for breakfast, lots of eggs, meat, and fat, fat, fat.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I couldn't agree more! Sometimes I am truly amazed that I am eating the most delicious food I could ever want without ever having to count/restrict/measure/obsess and I'm the thinnest and healthiest I've ever been.

I didn't weigh myself or focus on weight loss along the way, but now that I am at a good weight, I find myself sometimes worrying that it IS too good to be true and that I might start gaining again. I find myself thinking about buying a scale for the first time in years....very, very odd.

PatrickF is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    I couldn't agree more! Sometimes I am truly amazed that I am eating the most delicious food I could ever want without ever having to count/restrict/measure/obsess and I'm the thinnest and healthiest I've ever been.
    Really the amazing thing is that anybody ever thought that something that doesn't taste as good can be healthier. Taste is there to make us make healthy food choices. And it works great as long as it's food and not industrial products.

Animord is offline Member
    Me too! I am having my lovely bacon and egg for breakfast now, I measured my waist this morning and it is down 6 inches! I have lost about 17lbs in a month and my confused brain keeps looking the figures and thinking, "I MUST be doing this wrong...It can't possibly be true"

belinda is offline Senior Member
    I just finished my B&E too... and it feels good
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

ShannonCC is offline Senior Member
    I'm waiting on the hubby to grill tonight's dinner. Steak

primalprincess7 is offline Senior Member
    thats awesome!
    I'm too stubborn to give up so I keep on trying.

You're never going to get to the top of the stairs if you don't walk up them.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Animord View Post
    I measured my waist this morning and it is down 6 inches! I have lost about 17lbs in a month ...
    That's the part that I find so fascinating. The inches lost seem to be more than I would normally have given the same number of pounds lost. That alone tells me it's so much healthier for my body.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I constantly find it hard to believe, but that's because I don't have visual cues, really. I'm already fairly lean, though not as much as I'd like (whole 'nother ballpark of issues there), so I'm really just going off of how I feel. I do feel better, but that happens randomly all the time, so it's hard for me to accept that it could LAST.

Man I want bacon so badly right now.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast