Thread: How much does exercise affect insulin? page

Raiken3712 is offline Senior Member

How much does exercise affect insulin?

I read somewhere something about exercising after eating and blunting the blood sugar/insulin spike? I recently went nuts and ate like 3 cups of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. The serving size is 3/4 of a cup so I had at least 95-110 grams of carbs. I guess about 500-650 calories including the milk.

As soon as I got done eating I went outside and walked for 45 minutes in the sun ...to try to make things better. Does anyone know exactly how much this helps? I also lifted 2 10 pound weights a few times...not much because I'm a wimp but eh its something. I'm guessing I burned maybe 350-400 calories not sure how much the sun would contribute to me using more energy or anything.

Thinking about it some more I also remember reading that one spike isn't necessarily so bad its the constantly elevated levels that are the real problem...so I guess I shouldn't worry about it so much...stressing out over one slip up is counterproductive....though it probably was a good idea to do the exercise anyway.

Sheesh staying away from my old favorites sure is hard....oh well gotta start again.
    Last edited by Raiken3712; 07-23-2011 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Extra thoughts on it

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    One slip-up isn't going to break you.

The calorie counts don't really matter.

It's not a big deal, though the insulin spikes can switch you back into a carb-burning mode, or hinder your progress in reaching a fat-burning mode, which takes a few days to several weeks.

Raiken3712 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The experience definitely makes me less likely to do it again...the taste was good but it wasn't good enough...didn't at all seem worth it. Today one day after I'm at 261.4 in the morning same as yesterday so it didn't make me bloat or anything crazy.

As for hindering a leptin reset...thats probably the most annoying thing...and hope it won't affect things too much. I think it helped that I did exercise right off the bat or I think I would have been heavier this morning by a little bit at least.

I'm not that worried though.