Thread: No-grain lasagna page

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member

No-grain lasagna

So far I just made this once as an experiment-

I found a tiny one-egg frying pan, and thought I wanted to make something pizza-ish, with cheese, beef, tomato sauce, etc, like lasagna, but no big layer of pasta.

The pan was just big enough to fry one slice of Jarlsburg cheese to make it a bit crispy.

I take that out of the pan, put in another slice, a small ground beef patty (already cooked), pizza sauce, some shredded mozzarella, and put the crispy cheese slice on top.

Warmed it up for about 5 min on low, and done. It was crispy, cheesy, tomato saucey, and had a beef center. I'll try it a few ways before making a recipe out of it.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Sounds good! Does the Jarlesberg crisp up like a lacey "frico"?

Bissen is offline Senior Member
    I actually just thought: what about thin omelettes? You could mix in some potato starch if you don't mind a bit of it; will make it more pasta-like (i.e. gooey).

DFH
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianag View Post
    Sounds good! Does the Jarlesberg crisp up like a lacey "frico"?
    I dunno what a "frico" is, but yeah, a slice of Jalesburg will get crisp.

Bissen- Good idea on some potato starch. I bet that would help the coconut flour pizza crust.

I use my mandolin slice to make thin zucchini slices, salt the slices and place on a paper towel for 30 minutes to draw out some of the moisture. Pat with another paper towel to dry. Put in oven heated to 200 for 10-15 minutes. Use as lasagna noodles.
    Last edited by goldengrokette; 07-24-2011 at 10:29 AM.

jhc
    jhc is offline Senior Member
    If you slice rutabaga really thin and prepare it exactly as you would regular lasagna (boil it first), you will love the results.

carlh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goldengrokette View Post
    I use my mandolin slice to make thin zucchini slices, salt the slices and place on a paper towel for 30 minutes to draw out some of the moisture. Pat with another paper towel to dry. Put in oven heated to 200 for 10-15 minutes. Use as lasagna noodles.
    I will confirm that this works really well. I'd say even better than traditional lasagna noodles; it's just a little toothier and imparts a bit of zucchini flavor.

DFH
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Great idea on the zucchini layer.

I like to make "potato pancakes" using chopped zucchini, walnuts, and romano. Just throw it in a blender and add spices you like, and fry in olive oil until brown. Yum. The romano melts just right and then browns a little. Mine have paprika, turmeric, black pepper, curry, and basil.

I tried the no grain lasagne a second time and did pics this time-

It's a single-serving of lasagne using cheese cooked to make a hard layer instead of pasta.

Recipe – No-Grain Lasagne