Thread: Getting Primal in the Heart of Grain Country page

gault is offline Junior Member

Getting Primal in the Heart of Grain Country

Shop Now
    My name is Chris. I am new to the forum and the Primal Blueprint. I am still reading through the book, but I can say that in just three days, there is a major changes underway. I have lived the typical American gain/loose/gain more cycle for the last 25 years.

After just three days, my wife says I no longer snore. Every night she would push me to get off my back, because she was convinced that I was not breathing, but gasping for air. Last night she said I slept on my back and did not make a noise.

I also woke up this morning without an alarm at 6am and was able to get out of bed without the usual aces and pains.

Today, it is 98 but with a 110 heat index, and I went to the store an hour after I normally eat lunch, parked at the back of the lot, walked in, shopped, walked back to the truck. I noticed that I was getting hungry, but my energy levels did not crash like they always had in the past. This little trip would have been unthinkable just this weekend.

I am 6' tall and currently weigh in at 310. I am totally pumped to see where these changes will take me.

From Indiana,
    Chris

JTWolflied is offline Member
    Right on, Chris. I can tell you first hand that this way of life is amazing. You'll feel better, your health improves (my blood pressure went from about 130/80 to 104/61, with some days down to like 97/60), and the body fat just seems to melt. I've gone from around 30% body fat now down to around 17% in about 5 months. And that was without really following the Primal Fitness bit very closely. You're just at the tip of the iceberg for the changes you'll probably see in yourself. Welcome!
    http://www.getmoneyout.com

Start: March 2011
    Start Weight: 245 lbs.
    Current Weight (November 2011): 208.4 lbs. and counting.
    Goal weight: 195 lbs.

TheDarkMistress is offline Senior Member
    Hi, and welcome from a Kansas wheat farmer's daughter. Dad would roll over in his grave if he knew I no longer eat Wheaties for breakfast.

Keep up the changes, and you will continue to be amazed at how much better you will feel!
    cj

height: 5' 10 1/2"
    2/20/11: 210
    9/19/11: 185.5
    goal: #170

"Decide what to be, and go be it."

gault is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I will complete my first week in three days - I have already lost 6lbs - and I am eating plenty of calories. I will say however that even though my energy level is pretty consistent, I am feeling a bit off, perhaps the low-carb flu i have heard about. I feel a bit disconnected from my body, and lagging. that said, i still feel better than my normal high-low, high-low cycles of just a week ago. It feels sort of like a step backward - i assume from what i have read this will pass.

TheDarkMistress is offline Senior Member
    Yes, just power through that off feeling, it sounds exactly like the carb flu. It will pass--it is not a step backward, more like a step "through".

Great work!
    cj

height: 5' 10 1/2"
    2/20/11: 210
    9/19/11: 185.5
    goal: #170

"Decide what to be, and go be it."