Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: White Lion Bakery - we make grain-free breads, crackers, cakes and cookies! page

White Lion Bakery - we make grain-free breads, crackers, cakes and cookies!

Hi everyone,

My partner and I started a grain-free, refined sugar free bakery here in Brookline, MA earlier this year and so far we're doing great and are looking for a storefront to take our baking to the next level. We make paleo breads, crackers and some sweeter paleo-friendly items such as birthday cakes, cookies and cupcakes. Check us out at White Lion Gluten-Free Baking Company, Brookline Massachusetts | Home - White Lion Gluten-Free Baking Company, Brookline Massachusetts: Tasty Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Low-Carb Baked Cookies, Cakes, Biscuits and Breads! and let us know what you think. We ship across the entire US!

Best,

Elena and John

gordo is offline Senior Member
    Gluten-free crap is still crap. Sorry. Your product line isn't paleo. It's made from highly processed ingredients.

It reminds me of some friends who went ape over organic pop-tarts. "These are healthy!" C'mon, they're freaking pop-tarts.

Gordo

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    they said grain free, not just gluten free. if you go to their website they tell you they use almond flour in their recipes. almond flour is paleo. also they list the ingrediants to all their products and everything i looked at was in fact very paleo

i think its a pretty neat idea, hopefully more places like this will open
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Too bad you're not in Vegas...
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

pizzmor is offline Member
    Hey this looks cool to me and bears some more looking into. I have a few friends that have gluten issues. I will pass it along.
    www.everymanpaleo.com

"Its not that I am too old, your music really does suck..."

gordo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Gager View Post
    almond flour is paleo
    I won't eat it. Coconut flour either. Both are too highly processed. Besides, they're pretty much only used to make junky foods. You want almonds, eat some nuts. The second you break the integrity of a nut, it starts turning rancid.

Gordo

Hey Gordo,

I respect your personal eating style however almond flour is just ground almonds. We go through so much of it that it never gets rancid - and we store it in the fridge. Sure we make a few 'treats' because we cater to the gluten-free crowd too but all of our buns fit the guidelines of what Mark promotes in his books. We make substitutions for our paleo customers eg swapping the agave/honey mix we use to sweeten our sweeter offerrings with straight honey and we sub coconut oil for the grassfed butter we use upon request.

best,

The White Lion

Hi Rita Rose - we ship at a very reasonable price. See our website (which I won't list here because I don't want to be accused of spam).

Best,

The White Lion

Thanks Pizzmor - that is very much appreciated :-)

Hilary is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Looks delicious. I wish you lots of success and an international franchise

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast