Thread: Hello from Deran9ed. page

Deran9ed is offline Junior Member

Cool Hello from Deran9ed.

Primal Fuel
    Hey everyone.

I'm James but you can call me Deran9ed if you please. I'm nineteen and i hail from Wales which is the small piece of land that appears to just be hanging on to the UK.

I've not yet started going primal but i have been reading about it pretty much constantly since i signed up to the website. Hopefully this is going to change next Wednesday on the 27th of July.

I've read countless posts about people who are 30 something all wishing that they'd found this gold mine when they were in there late teens to early twenties. Well fortunatly for me i did discover it. I decided i didn't want to be another person like that, i'd take the advice onboard now and save myself the struggle in the future.

Now this part may make some of you recoil in disgust but currently my diet consists of mostly fries and heavily buttered bread along with some sort of side such as curry or lasagna. Ontop of that then i drink about five cups of coffee with full fat milk, daily. . Too make this even worse i smoke atleast a pack of ten a day which is probably the worst thing out of everything. However on Wednesday this is also going to change.

Despite all that terrible eating and habits i do actually do some excercise. By this i mean every other day i do weight training for about an hour, two hours. Accompanied by some occasional walking maybe three times a week.

So if you've managed to sit with me and read through my terrible lifestyle choices i applaud you.
    You've now gathered some facts about the one they called Deran9ed.

Now onto my question, can anyone share some interesting simple recipes to help me adjust to the primal lifestyle. I'm not really picky with what i eat, i enjoy pretty much anything. The only two things my body seems to hate and regurgitate automatically are carrots and banana's. Which is an awful thing as i love these to things.

Cheers ~ Deran9ed

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Deran9ed.

Five cups of coffee is fine. Also full fat milk. Heavy cream would be even better.

Butter is excellent. But not the bread.

Potatoes are officially a gray area of Primal. I eat lots of them.

Curry is, or can be, excellent. The lasagna not, of course.

Two hours of weights is too much, unless that includes just hanging out at the gym.

Walking is great.

It's great you are starting young.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Congratulations on starting the journey from Deran9ed to Re4ormed.