Thread: What am I doing wrong? page

mike_nyc is offline Junior Member

What am I doing wrong?

Shop Now
    I have been primal for almost 2 years now and pretty much follow the eating at least 80% of the time but I cant lose the last bit of fat around my midsection. I am 6' 1" and weigh 178lbs and 12% body fat. I workout 3 to 4 times a week but do very little in the sprinting area. I eat plenty of fat and protein and only get cards from veg. I feel like I am doing everything right but not seeing the results. Any Ideas. Thanks in advance.

Marnee is offline Senior Member
    What results do you expect?

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    12% body fat... I wish!

JTWolflied is offline Member
    That 12% is a tough number. I'd say try what you haven't tried, first. Do the sprinting. After that, you might want to check out one of the threads here on the forum by ChocoTaco. I believe one of them has something about a 72 Hour Carb Refeed in the title. It might outline what you need to start breaking through.

Here is the link to the 72 hour carb refeed thread. He has a little link in there to another of his write-ups that is a more in-depth description of his process, too. http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread32876.html
    Last edited by JTWolflied; 07-22-2011 at 11:16 AM.
    http://www.getmoneyout.com

Start: March 2011
    Start Weight: 245 lbs.
    Current Weight (November 2011): 208.4 lbs. and counting.
    Goal weight: 195 lbs.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i don't think i'm down to 12% yet; that's a pretty good goal for me. but, i do know that if you're looking to go lower, just being primal might not be enough. you will certainly want to add some sprinting, and it may be time to look into some other methods like fasting and refeeding. at two years, that 12% might just be your specific point for homeostatis. if you want to change your body fat set point, i suggest looking up the series on that over at Whole Health Source...www.wholeheathsource.blogspot.com

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    At 12%, we'll need details on diet and exercise.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I would suggest lower plenty of fats to enough fats and perhaps increasing but cycling your carbs. I'd also suggest IF as well if you haven't tried that already.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    I think you are doing everything right. Sprints will help you make that final push if you want to. Google "sprinter vs marathoner" to see what sprinting can do for you. Sprints = safe, natural, legal human growth hormone.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Monty is offline Senior Member
    Sprints could help. But, per the pseudo science of Robb Wolf, at some point genetics have a lot to do with body comp and getting low body fat.

Have you tried a whole 30 program yet (per the web site and no slip ups)? A lot of people have success with it.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    Sprints could help. But, per the pseudo science of Robb Wolf, at some point genetics have a lot to do with body comp and getting low body fat.

Have you tried a whole 30 program yet (per the web site and no slip ups)? A lot of people have success with it.
    It's more of a "how to" than a "can".