Thread: New guy from Kansas. page

Dan208 is offline Senior Member

New guy from Kansas.

Shop Now
    Hey, all. I've been lurking here for a while and thought it was time to introduce myself. I'll try and keep it short.

My name is Dan, I'm 32 years old and I'm from east central Kansas. I've been married for 10 years (next month) and my wife and I have a 4 year old daughter. I'm a warehouse worker for a large, evil corporation but I'm going back to school so I can have a career, not just a job. I'm also a volunteer with our local fire department.

I've been working out off and on for the better part of the last decade, but I suffer from back problems from an old trampoline injury (a fractured vertebra and two bulging discs). I discovered kettlebells about a year ago and haven't had any problems with reinjuring my back since I started using them, unlike when I was using regular weights. I also suffer from a congenital heart condition and have been under the care of a cardiologist since I was two weeks old.

I honestly can't remember how I found MDA. I think I came across it when searching for kettlebell routines. It seemed like a neat site, so I saved it under My Favorites and kind of forgot about it. About a week ago I was online, looking for reasons why I've been so darn tired, bloated and unmotivated lately and happened to come across the site again. I started reading about The Primal Blueprint and things started to make sense. I'm not overweight by any means (5'10" and about 160lbs) but I do have a slight "spare tire". I figured, why not give it a try? So, I ordered the 3 pack from the site and I'm anxiously awaiting their arrival.

That was a little longer than I thought. Anyway, I'm happy to be here and am looking forward to changing my lifestyle for the better, not only for me but for my family (I think I've got my wife halfway on board).

Dan

belinda is offline Senior Member
    Welcome!
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Trey is offline Junior Member
    Hey Dan, are you anywhere near Salina?

Dan208 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trey View Post
    Hey Dan, are you anywhere near Salina?
    I'm south of Topeka, so a few hours away from Salina.