Thread: After Cheat Night Guilt. page

pizzmor is offline Member

After Cheat Night Guilt.

Primal Fuel
    Been primal/paleo for a while now. I had a shitty week so last night I decided to cheat and eat some non-primal food. I had a huge bowl of popcorn with butter and salt, and a dove ice cream bar. It was good while I was eating it, and then I got soooooo guilty. Now this morning I wish I hadn't done it. I feel like I let myself down.

So I learned that I should stick with my usual cheat night indulgence...a reasonably sized piece of 85% dark chocolate and the occasional beer. Eating that shit really wasn't worth it. Thought I would share so someone else can learn from it.

It really is weird how freakin bad I feel. Weird.
    www.everymanpaleo.com

"Its not that I am too old, your music really does suck..."

Shep1824 is offline Member
    I know how you feel! The best advice I can give is to forget about and move on with eating primally. You will feel better real soon!

belinda is offline Senior Member
    I had two pieces of cake at our work anniversary. Blew up rock hard like I was six months pregnant. I'm a lot more selective when I stray now and I make sure not to do it too often.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Thanks for the support yall. On top of the guilt, the corn really messed up my GI tract. Uggg!
    www.everymanpaleo.com

Jenn is offline Senior Member
    I had pizza and ice cream the other night. I hate how weeks of progress can be undone in one night. Or at least I feel like it was all undone. That's the worst feeling in the world waking up feeling fat after cheating the night before.

Sudenveri is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
    I had pizza and ice cream the other night. I hate how weeks of progress can be undone in one night. Or at least I feel like it was all undone. That's the worst feeling in the world waking up feeling fat after cheating the night before.
    Just remember that although it might feel that way, that's all it is - an ephemeral feeling. It's just like eating grass-fed heritage beef and organic, heirloom, local, et al. vegetables for one day and expecting it to instantaneously undo a lifetime of sitting on your butt and eating the SAD. Just get back up on the horse and remember the price paid the next time temptation rears its ugly head.

It is a great learning experience. My attitude was "I deserve this!" but then I felt like I had actually punished myself. Damn catholic upbringing!
    www.everymanpaleo.com

Curmujeon is offline Member
    After a few cheats one learns that it's not worth it. Who are you cheating? You are the one who feels bad--physically and mentally. Nobody cares more about how you feel than you do. You are the one who will be delayed or blocked from achieving the objectives behind your lifestyle choice. Also, think about how you're fooling yourself--who's the fool? If you're doing 80/20 and then cheat beyond your 20, what's your compliance % then? If you're not careful, your approaching SAD. We all fool ourselves about stuff every day. What we eat is important. That's why we're here! Be prepared with good food on hand or be prepared to fast.
    Beware of fake meat.

I think the next time I am feeling sorry for myself I need to stop and try and remember what I used to feel like eating the SAD. I was always bloated, had the runs because of my gluten issues, felt slow and tired all the time. I also developed NASH (fatty liver) as a result of my blood sugar being so out of control. I was probably a borderline type 2 and didn't even realize it.

Anyway, it is just so not worth it.
    www.everymanpaleo.com