Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is it about Eggs?! page

HTownGirl is offline Senior Member

What is it about Eggs?!

Primal Fuel
    Maybe it's just me, but since I've gone Primal, I crave eggs all the time! I want them morning, noon and night.

I never even liked them that much when I was younger--I would only eat them boiled. Now, I like them every which way, and I go on egg kicks. The latest is scrambled in butter, with a topping of fresh chopped tomato, olive oil, capers (lots--little packages of salty olivey goodness that just burst in your mouth) and garlic. Every moring I wake up looking forward to this breakfast.

Is this physiological? Anyone else experiencing this? Maybe it's because I've discovered cage free organic ones that I like them so much?

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Maybe cause they taste good?
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

tplank is offline Senior Member
    I'll probably never be an egg lover in the sense of looking forward to the taste. But for me, they seem to be a fantastic way to start the day. If I have my eggs, I have more energy and less hunger all day. I suspect in many people, these kinds of benefits lead to a greater appreciation of the flavor.

Meadow is offline Senior Member
    I go through egg phases. I always 'like' eggs, but there are times I do the eggs for multiple meals in a day. Sometimes I hit a good egg recipe and I start craving it like crazy.

Although, as a side note, I do find sometimes I am craving an ingredient I am putting in my eggs rather then the eggs themselves...like say a really good cheese.

Hrmm, might have to try the capers one day.

stephenmarklay is offline Senior Member
    You are just crazy don't look to deep

Red Wire is offline Senior Member
    There is a reason your body craves them. They are one of the most nutrient dense foods you can eat and fairly easy to digest.
    "One can only be a perfect physician for oneself alone. " ~ Luigi Cornaro

Pooka is offline Member
    Right now, my go to meal is a bunch of butter sauteed veggies (onions, peppers, garlic, tomatoes, spinach, etc) with eggs and a meat all scrambled together, with a side of avocado and green salsa. I eat this maybe three times a week. Quick, easy, and satisfying. I crave it if I go a few days without, like I used to crave sweets. Although I've never had a problem with eggs (and have always loved them) I try to refrain from eating them every day because I'm afraid of developing an intolerance. I don't know if that's a realistic fear or not (dang message boards!), but I'd sure hate to do without my eggs because of it.

Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    I wonder if egg allergies pop up from excess consumption. Eggs, while nutrient dense are naturally only seasonal? It's always been a very limited food - 'til we started farmin' chickens.

*I love eggs!
    I eat them 5 at a time, if scrambled; less if eaten other ways - but I only want them 2-3 times a week at maximum.
    Last edited by Lily Marie; 07-21-2011 at 10:03 PM.

TARNIP is offline Senior Member
    I often wonder with regards to food intolerances (usually due to long term over exposure to a certain food) if you could become intolerant to eggs if you eat them every day for a long period of time? Any ideas on this?

Michealleo is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    the white has the best source of protein. the yolk has nutrients, fat, and cholosterol. there's nothing wrong with eating a yolk a day. there's been lots of studies showing that dietary cholesterol doesn't impact your body's levels as much as we used to think. so keeping eating eggs . and stay healthy .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast