Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: What's cooking?? Anyone trying a new dish or keep making a favorite?? page 30

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Some good things I've made recently:

- Pork belly. Just plopped it in the crock pot with salt and pepper and about half cup of water. Way better than when I followed a recipe that had lots of ingredients.

- Oxtails. Just plopped in the crock pot with salt and pepper and about half a cup of red wine. Way better than when I followed a recipe with lots of tomatoes and coconut milk. The coconut milk was way too much fat and gave me a tummy ache.

Oxtails have an unusual flavor all by themselves. Probably from the gelatin. I really like it. I get conventional since a local conventional market is the easiest place to find unusual cuts and offal. All the markets where I can get grass-fed beef only sell expensive cuts like ribeye or NY strip, or if they sell cheaper cuts, it's just expensive chuck.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    I've been sitting back on some favourite recipes and easy food for the last while ... tonight was a white onion and scallop risotto (just a little ... a taster), then the overture of sous vide salmon over a cauliflower puree, sliced boiled egg and mustard greens all around. Easy food, yes, technical, but easy techniques so that you can prep and just eat eat bit as you want it.

the_puma is offline Junior Member
    I'm making a version of the zucchini bake from the PB cookbook with lamb this time. Mmm... my house smells so lamby :P I didn't have onions so I used a freeze dried vegetable mix and some salt and pepper to season. Topped with Beemster cheese (also kind of sharp, like the asiago Mark recommends). Drooling my head off waiting for it to be done!

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    ... something I've not done for years! Roasted monkfish wrapped in Parma ham. I'll be serving over a sweet potato "muffin" in a lake of leftover Bouillabasse sauce. Spinach, too. Almost ready.

primal me is offline Member
    My new favourite breakfast food is prosciutto wrapped asparagus with goat cheese. I roll them up the night before and they only take about 12 minutes in the oven. They go great with eggs!
    I'm a 39 y/o mother of 3 sons ages 12, 14, and 15
    HT: 5'7"
    SW: 223 June 2012
    CW: 191.4 April 21 2013
    TWL2D: 32 lbs

Primal Goals: to feel healthier, fitter, and sexier than ever before

Favourite primal resources: The Food Lovers Make it Paleo cookbook, Practical Paleo by Diane Sanfilippo, The Food Lovers Kitchen, Primal Kitchen: A Family Grokumentary and of course Mark's Daily Apple!

bis_ian is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Normally my diet is chines and I like to eat and make chines dishes. But some time I subsist on cream sauces, butter and egg yolks with meat and non-starchy vegetables for garnishment. All my meals have a foundation of green vegetables. The only thing missing is bread.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930