Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What's cooking?? Anyone trying a new dish or keep making a favorite?? page 3

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I made "Brazilian Stuffed Meatloaf' from this site with a few modifications, and it was super! It held great, and was incredibly pretty when cut up!

The modifications I used were using ground almonds and mushrooms instead of almond flour and 1/2 cup of quark in the meat mix. I used ground turkey and ground beef as meats. Plus I brushed the top with pueed tomatoes and sprinkled with thin slivered almond flakes. My husband wants it again!

Yesterday I finally cooked the beef heart into a stew. I liked the denser beef heart meat, but my husband was not overly impressed.

mgoodness is offline Junior Member
    I threw a three-pound pork shoulder in the Crock Pot Friday night, mixed up a batch of Primal BBQ sauce (Primal BBQ Sauce | Mark's Daily Apple), and have been eating barbecue pulled pork for lunch since Saturday. It's going to become part of my regular diet.

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    My Chanakhi turned out really well: living in the ice age: Tchanakhi with Romanesco Broccoli and Pickled Vegetables

Definitely one I will do again.

livingprimal is offline Senior Member
    Just made Bigos, recipe here: Bigos, a Polish Hunter’s Stew
    Also check out Everyday Paleo. Sarah has a lot of really great recipes!

I am soooo going to make Bigos - we have a very established Polish community here in Bradford, and good Polish delis are not at all difficult to find. More so, proper Polish food can easily be found in the many independent food retailers around the city. Getting good sauerkraut and the right sausage is going to make this just perfect! Thanks for the post.

How did you like it livingprimal?

CoS
    CoS is offline Senior Member
    I've been primal for a month or so, plus I'm home for the summer from college. Which means I get a new array of foods to try and access to a kitchen/grocery store. I've tried the following foods, many for the first time, since I went primal: raw milk cheese, goat milk cheese, avocado, kale, kale chips, coconut milk, shredded coconut, pumpkin, beef liver, pork kidney, beef tongue, beef heart, beef bone marrow, pork brains, chicken gizzards/hearts, squid, octopus, WILD salmon, mahi mahi, goat meat, omega 3 eggs, ground turkey, red wine, pure chocolate, heavy whipping cream, and some other stuff I'm probably forgetting.

The past two weeks have been heavy on the offal, which I had never had before. I made beef jerky for the first time this past weekend. I also cooked beef heart steaks and a cow tongue roast for the first time. I used some bone marrow and bacon grease to make my own garlic herb butter.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mgoodness View Post
    I threw a three-pound pork shoulder in the Crock Pot Friday night, mixed up a batch of Primal BBQ sauce (Primal BBQ Sauce | Mark's Daily Apple), and have been eating barbecue pulled pork for lunch since Saturday. It's going to become part of my regular diet.
    drooling right now..lol
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pjgh View Post
    My Chanakhi turned out really well: living in the ice age: Tchanakhi with Romanesco Broccoli and Pickled Vegetables

Definitely one I will do again.
    That is BEAUTIFUL! Almost too pretty to eat! I would love to get a hold of some of that broccoli.. it intrigues me!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Yeah, it's such a completely mathematically perfect fractal vegetable ... that it looks so out of place in the ground; like it's come from another planet.

Imagine broccoli florets mixed with cauliflower florets and that's the overall effect in the mouth - very nice and a meeting of two flavour sensations, rather than a clash in an otherwise beautiful vegetable.

Thanks for the comment over the Tchanakhi - the lamb just fell apart with a slight push from my fork. It worked out very well indeed and it's something I will most certainly do again.

ottercat is offline Senior Member
    This is a great thread =)

I cook up crumbled breakfast sausage with finely diced mushroom stems, leeks, and kale. Stir in a little goat cheese so it all sticks together and stuff it in mushrooms. That's been a big hit around here.
    Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
    Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
    "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast