Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Thread: What's cooking?? Anyone trying a new dish or keep making a favorite?? page 29

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    How did the stuffed aubergines go, meepster?

Last night, something new for me ... and I had absolutely no cultural context about whether I got it right, authentic, but it did taste damn good! I made a kind of Puerco Pibil: living in the ice age: Puerco Pibil ... ish

Yes, that's rice - no apology. I've done my time out in the cold and I'm happy to eat it occasionally.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Paul, oh yum... looks so much better than my dinner of petrified pork ribs tonight (my mom cooked) LOL The meat tonight was in part much like jerky. Only drier and harder....

lmao
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

zizou is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pjgh View Post
    Something I've not done for a long time - oxtail. Cooked all day at 100C, I'm about to put it together and eat it!

I'll be accompanying with pre-steamed veg which has been sitting in a little oil and vinegar for a few hours - pickled veg.
    Ok so looking at this, looks tasty. I hear oxtail is beef tail? and it is mainly fat and gelatin with some nice tender strings of meat?

I want it now!

KV8R is offline Senior Member
    I was in Turkey last week and tried chicken tava, it was awesome and I knew I wanted to attempt it. Tonight was that night. It turned out pretty good for a trial run, couple of tweaks here and there, and I'm in business.

what is it?? sounds interesting
    Karin

KV8R is offline Senior Member
    Below is sort of the recipe I used. I tweaked it a bit to primalize it, and seasoned it to my liking.

Ingredients

4 boneless/skinless Chicken Breast
    1 can Diced Tomatoes (seasoned kind - ok)
    2 tbs Olive Oil
    2 jars Roasted Red Peppers
    1 Onions, chopped
    4 tsp Garlic
    2 tsp Jalapeno Peppers (optional for "kick")
    Brown Rice
    1 cup Feta Cheese, crumbled

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a medium casserole dish (I like to use a large cast iron skillet).
    2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the chicken until juices run clear.
    3. Puree the roasted red peppers in a blender or food processor until smooth. (Since my kids don't like tomatoes, I also puree them too.) In the prepared casserole dish, mix the cooked chicken, roasted red peppers, tomatoes, onion, and garlic (and optional jalapenos). Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and top with feta cheese.
    4. Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve over rice.

Edit: I served it over a bed of spinach mixed with a little parsley. I'm sure it would be good with rice but I didn't have any.

Krautastic is offline Junior Member
    Ok, so I'm a big time lurker (big time) but I made this tonight and barely got a picture off in time before the plate was gone. I've been having trouble getting enough leafy greens, but I don't think so after tonight!

This was a 5 minute prep, and so delicious. Essentially

Spinach
    1/2 an anaheim pepper (diced)
    2 pieces of bacon (diced)
    1 crushed garlic clove (I cheat and use Dorot cubes: http://www.nourition.com/wp-content/...0/DSC_1000.jpg, available at most organic fooderies)
    1 dorot cube of diced chilis (for the kick!)

Basically heat up the bacon and peppers in a skillet on medium heat, get the bacon cooking, and if there's not enough grease in the pan add some more bacon fat from your little jar/tub of reserves. Add the garlic. Then add the spinach until it wilts, add more, wilt, repeat till you're satisfied then toss in the chili at the end stir up a little and serve.

This is a single serving for single people haha, more people add more of everything! Also, if you don't have spare bacon fat, you're missing out! Its the only way I can make a frying pan steak taste good. It keeps the meat moist and delicious. I think this may be my new morning side (or main!)

primal me is offline Member
    I will need to go back through this thread and actually read all the entries. The Heroin chicken looks fantastic! I will have to sub parm for sheep's milk romano but hey I know my kids will want to try it.

Tonight we are having roasted lamb accompanied by roasted baby carrots, swweet potato and patty pan squash. Can't wait for it to be ready it smells divine!
    I'm a 39 y/o mother of 3 sons ages 12, 14, and 15
    HT: 5'7"
    SW: 223 June 2012
    CW: 191.4 April 21 2013
    TWL2D: 32 lbs

Primal Goals: to feel healthier, fitter, and sexier than ever before

Favourite primal resources: The Food Lovers Make it Paleo cookbook, Practical Paleo by Diane Sanfilippo, The Food Lovers Kitchen, Primal Kitchen: A Family Grokumentary and of course Mark's Daily Apple!

Awesome looking dish and the chicken one above looks tasty.

Last night i made the smoked paprika chicken thighs from the make it paleo book and tonight i did Marks recipe from last week balsamiv glaze chicken..both awesome
    Karin

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    From the "What's for Dinner" thread, I have to spread the word, this was sooooo good.

OMFG, I made the BEST dinner. I converted this 'tortilla' recipe to something a bit more middle eastern, like a pita. Primal Tex-Mex Tortillas and Taco Seasoning | Mark's Daily Apple When I made it as tortillas it seemed more M.E. anyhow. I upped the spices, used cumin (which I love) and garlic instead of the chili powder. I also mixed 1/2 kefir with 1/2 water for the liquid and lemon juice instead of lime. Then I made a basic tahini sauce with lemon, garlic and olive oil. I cut up chicken breasts and marinated them in what was actually a cuban marinade, mojo criollo, but it has enough of the right spices so close enough. Skewered then grilled them then threw the 'tortilla/pitas' on the grill to warm them back up. Ate with cubed tomatoes drizzled in olive oil.

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast