Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: What's cooking?? Anyone trying a new dish or keep making a favorite?? page 21

oliviascotland is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Just made an old favourite Primal! Chicken and pimento mayonnaise. One roast chicken, shredded and placed in a dish, covered with 2 quantities of home-made mayo BUT into the mayo I added a small clove of garlic, 8 chargrilled red (bell) peppers and a tbspn of coconut milk. Salt and pepper to taste, and coat the chicken with the mixture, then make a pretty garnish with parsley and strips of chargrilled red and orange peppers. Serve with large quantities of salad of your choice!

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    I'm working on a pumpkin protein shake. Some days breakfast just grosses me out but a shake is fine. I have some pumpkin in the fridge so I figured I'd use that. So far, OK . . .

Ephemeral is offline Junior Member
    Tonight's is a variant on an old pasta sauce - a putanesca sauce (onions, celery, garlic, olives, capers, anchovies, courgette, bell pepper, tinned tomatoes, lots of dried herbs and chilli flakes) but instead of having it with pasta going to have it with some organic free range chicken that I roasted yesterday

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    Golubtsi tonight! I've had this at a restaurant before and done something similar with venison at home, but making it properly this evening ... pictures to follow.

SpartanMom is offline Junior Member
    Last night I made a recipe from Everyday Paleo ( such an awesome book). The pork roast with the dried cherry/balsamic reduction served over mashed cauliflower.
    On tonight's menu, our homeraised chicken that a friend smoked for us -- and some sort of veggie. Perhaps steamed broccoli and a shredded carrot/beet salad.
    I"m a stay at home mom - been one for 21 years. Dinner can be a real rut sometimes. Reading what everybody else is eating stirs inspiration.

Here goes ... I'm really excited about this one ... and it was absolutely fantastic!

Golubtsi with a tomato and parsley sauce, and garlic roasted turnip:

Start out by mixing some pork mince with shredded root veg (I used mooli/daikon for the horseradish flavour), an egg and some crumbly cheese (I used caerphilly). I thought that lot together would be really nice. It was. I didn't use any onion, although leek would have been nice ... I'm going to use onion in the tomato sauce. I dropped some thyme and sage into the pork mix.

Drop a whole cabbage into boiling water to ease the removal of leaves. I used 10 leaves and still have a 6" diameter cabbage already part cooked to shred and fry up with bacon later. Easy ...

Remove the leaves and cut a V across the hard part of the stem. When wrapping the pork mix, drop a dollop of the mince into the round edge and fold the two sides of the V over each other and tuck in the top edge underneath.

Core a turnip ...

Place onto kitchen foil and stuff the base with butter, push a clove of garlic in and push a little more butter in the top. Roast ... and pour the butter over at the end:

Meanwhile, make up a tomato sauce with onion, tomato, paprika and garlic.

Plate up using the tomato sauce as the base and place a few cabbage wraps over. Dollop some soured cream (smetlana) over the top and some fresh parsley. Place the turnip over one side ... sit down ... eat and enjoy.

The light is now rapidly failing me, so ... apologies in advance for washed out pictures for the next few months. I cook in the evenings and if there is no natural light, it will look insipid. Sorry. I'll try to do my best to naturalise the pictures in iPhoto. If anyone has a great suggestion for a cheap daylight lamp ... SHOUT! I'd like to know ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeral View Post
    Tonight's is a variant on an old pasta sauce - a putanesca sauce (onions, celery, garlic, olives, capers, anchovies, courgette, bell pepper, tinned tomatoes, lots of dried herbs and chilli flakes) but instead of having it with pasta going to have it with some organic free range chicken that I roasted yesterday
    That sauce over some cod, baked in the over would be fantastico! Maybe some mozzerella over the top and fresh basil to serve. Drop into black olives, also.

Something like this:

Damn! Too many pictures for an edit ...

I cooked the Golubtsi for 45 minutes with the turnips ... in the over at 200C (400F?). It was great! Seriously, have a go. What a fantastic pack of meat, cheese, veg, garlic and herbs. If you're off dairy, just leave it out - the pork is great anyway and no need for soured cream over the top if you don't want to.

loligoss is offline Senior Member
    I made the original ones from Jamie...inspired by you. I wanted to make pancakes for the kids to take to eat at school. I used whole meal flour and baking powder without aluminum and full fat milk.

I printed Jenna Eats Real food pancake recipe and I plan to make that for myself and hubby at a later date.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    made an awesome steak last night.. pan+ butter+ steak+ mushrooms thick sliced+ onions thick sliced+ garlic and herb mrs. dash( bake 350 for 30 min)=YUM
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast