Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: What's cooking?? Anyone trying a new dish or keep making a favorite?? page 20

RumbleRo is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Thinking about this I remember Mark making some sushi type rolls that would be awesome with your wild salmon and chicken breast- not so sure @ the chicken liver BUT I wouldn't rule anything out. So days that are not cardio/MA you could still have something similar.
    Thanks, Ill look it up.

ahah chicken liver is lovely, as it is, in pate, woooooo.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    oh love me some chicken livers too! Making up a batch of bacon wrapped chicken livers and Marks Primal BBQ sauce to go with it today.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

carlh is offline Senior Member
    We blanched some poblano peppers (~5 minutes in boiling water) and stuffed them with ground beef, onion, garlic, jalapeno, tomato, a bit of cheese (and a bunch of mexicanish spices) and baked for 35-40 minutes at 350.

Fan-freaking-tastic. My wife, who doesn't usually like peppers or onions, was raving about them.

bionicsamm is offline Senior Member
    It was chilly up here yesterday so I made a Roasted Squash Soup and topped it with Roasted Peppers and Ground Beef!

Ephemeral is offline Junior Member
    My recent favourite is a smoked mackerel frittata, lots of mackerel, eggs, onions, chives, garlic with roast beetroot and carrots

Another one has been a big soup (carrots, onions, celery, garlic, fennel,) then put salmon and kale into it so that it's really a stew
    Last edited by Ephemeral; 09-07-2011 at 03:19 PM.

Ok.. so not fancy like the dishes Paul makes but I made a lemon fizz to drink that was so refreshing and a off take on paleo lemonade. So refreshing and nice break from water with lemon.
    1 lemon seeds removed and cut into chunks (peel and all), throw into blender until chopped fine. Put a table spoon of lemon in the bottom of a rock glass and fill with seltzer water..YUM!!

oh and I did the bacon wrapped chicken livers again only this time I fried the bacon (kept it chewy) then wrapped the chicken livers and then baked it. Extra steps but it tasted awesome!
    Karin

sixpack-rc is offline Senior Member
    I made an old recipe (that I modified) from a cookbook that's been out of print for 40 years (I think). I collect old cookbooks and it's amazing how many primal recipes are in them.

It's beef stew:

Heat dutch oven over flame and melt olive oil and add butter to it to coat the bottom.
    Add stew meat (don't brown it, just let it sit there). This recipe works great with beef, lamb, venison, elk or any tough cut of meat.
    Cover with: (per pound of meat)
    1 onion roughly chopped
    2 celery stalks roughly chopped
    2 carrots roughly chopped
    can of tomato paste (or 1/2 cup of marinara if you have it)
    1/2 cup of green chile (I use El Pinto mild, only ingredients are green chiles and salt)
    Bay leaf
    A dash of red wine (we'll call it 1/2 cup)

DONT MIX

Cover and turn your burner down to the lowest setting (gas) and let it cook for at least two hours (don't open the lid).

After two hours check it, you might have to let it go another hour. It's done when everything has melded together to make a perfect beef stew. The onions will be clear and the liquids will all have mixed together. The carrots and celery will be soft.

Salt and pepper to taste.

Make a lot because it tastes better the 2nd and 3rd day as leftovers. Just reheat on the stove.

Quote Originally Posted by sixpack-rc View Post
    I made an old recipe (that I modified) from a cookbook that's been out of print for 40 years (I think). I collect old cookbooks and it's amazing how many primal recipes are in them.

It's beef stew:

Heat dutch oven over flame and melt olive oil and add butter to it to coat the bottom.
    Add stew meat (don't brown it, just let it sit there). This recipe works great with beef, lamb, venison, elk or any tough cut of meat.
    Cover with: (per pound of meat)
    1 onion roughly chopped
    2 celery stalks roughly chopped
    2 carrots roughly chopped
    can of tomato paste (or 1/2 cup of marinara if you have it)
    1/2 cup of green chile (I use El Pinto mild, only ingredients are green chiles and salt)
    Bay leaf
    A dash of red wine (we'll call it 1/2 cup)

DONT MIX

Cover and turn your burner down to the lowest setting (gas) and let it cook for at least two hours (don't open the lid).

After two hours check it, you might have to let it go another hour. It's done when everything has melded together to make a perfect beef stew. The onions will be clear and the liquids will all have mixed together. The carrots and celery will be soft.

Salt and pepper to taste.

Make a lot because it tastes better the 2nd and 3rd day as leftovers. Just reheat on the stove.

This looks SO GOOD and now with cooler weather... what a perfect dish!!
    Karin

Leida is offline Senior Member
    It has been unseasonably hot in Calgary for the past week, so I got addicted to cucumber lemonade:

1 lemon cut into pieces, about 2 inch section of an English cucumber, a few cubes of ice, ~ 1/2 cup of egg-whites and sweetener to taste. Sooooo refreshing!!!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast