Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: What's cooking?? Anyone trying a new dish or keep making a favorite?? page 11

mamagault is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Today we made Mark's pork loin with mango salsa. It was a big hit. We had never had mango salsa before, but this is going to become a mainstay in our menu plan. A true 30 minute meal!

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    This morning I made Coconut Flour Pancakes with Macadamia Nuts and Orange Butter. Yummy.
    Last edited by Adrianag; 08-07-2011 at 05:43 PM.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    I feel I am breaking new food ground! I have seen so many items I want to try and have tried so many items I never would have considered pre-PB.

Tonight's dinner:

from the garden zucchini sliced into very thin ribbons (thats the pasta), shrimp cooked in Old bay (that stuff just rocks) and alfedo sauce (1 stick butter, 1 c heavy cream, 1 c parm. cheese).

This was so good..hope the dairy does not leave lingering affects though as I have pretty much forsaken dairy.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

tcb
    tcb is offline Senior Member
    ribs... dry rubbed, Memphis style. Smoked over a mix of hickory and pecan wood for 5 hours.

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    ... from the garden zucchini sliced into very thin ribbons (thats the pasta), shrimp cooked in Old bay (that stuff just rocks) and alfedo sauce (1 stick butter, 1 c heavy cream, 1 c parm. cheese).
    Sounds good! The dairy should be okay - it's mostly fat in the cream and fermented in the cheese.

If you liked the juliennes of courgette (sliced zucchini in US), get some dressed crab, some chillis and a squeeze of lime. Combine the lot - Crab "Linguine". Awesome starter/entrée, great as a main with a couple of joints of cooked and re-grilled chicken dusted in cayenne pepper.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcb View Post
    ribs... dry rubbed, Memphis style. Smoked over a mix of hickory and pecan wood for 5 hours.

You win.

jhc
    jhc is offline Senior Member
    Ok, here's a flavour combination I ran into the other night when made some pork chops with a rub - parsnips and lime. I was going for a sort of "spicy mayan lime" thing, so I just squeezed a lime over the whole plate, and the mashed parsnips ended up stealing the show.

Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    You win.
    +1
    Karin

Quote Originally Posted by pjgh View Post
    Sounds good! The dairy should be okay - it's mostly fat in the cream and fermented in the cheese.

If you liked the juliennes of courgette (sliced zucchini in US), get some dressed crab, some chillis and a squeeze of lime. Combine the lot - Crab "Linguine". Awesome starter/entrée, great as a main with a couple of joints of cooked and re-grilled chicken dusted in cayenne pepper.
    thats sounds good!! Oh my zucchini ribbon noodles were the lazy way with a vegetable peeler.LOL They don't take much time to cook at all.
    Karin

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I made primal cabbage rolls from Cordin's book, and they were really good. I steamed them instead of baking under tomato sauce, since my husband is not a big fan of tomato sauces. Adding the egg to the stuffing was a great idea. I also used fresh parsley, garlic and thyme to flavor the stuffing and a touch, just a touch of hoisin sauce (I know, it is a cheat!)

I also used the rest of teh cabbage's head to make my very first ever batch of pickled cabbage. I hope it will turn out as good as grandma's, since the rolls were tbh better than grandma's. I will call them the Granddaughter's Cabbage Rolls!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast