Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: What's cooking?? Anyone trying a new dish or keep making a favorite?? page 10

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    That marinade sounds great! Marinade some fillet for a good while and just slice into thin THIN slices, like carpaccio. It's my birthday tomorrow, so some fine meat and some fine wine for dinner in with my Mrs sounds perfect.

We're off to Cresswell Crags (see: About Us | Creswell Crags Museum and Visitor Centre - Inspiring and educational guided cave tours) for the day to see what is thought to be Britain's only example of cave art from the time leading up to the last ice age. These caves were occupied all the way up to only a few hundred years ago in one form or another, Robin Hood and his merry men being one of the last inhabitants.

We'll be hungry after a day of that - meat and some greens will be perfect. Thanks for the idea!

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by befitby40 View Post
    This looked good, going to try. Oh and that Chili looked AWESOME!! Custom Fit Blog Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Chicken
    As promised, I'm reporting back on this Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Chicken. I just made it and am eating it right now. It's quite good, and worthy of a repeat.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    As promised, I'm reporting back on this Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Chicken. I just made it and am eating it right now. It's quite good, and worthy of a repeat.
    yummm bacon wrapped jalapeno chicken looks good!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I will broil pork chops (with just a bit of pepper, we do not like elaborate meat preparations) and I noticed a zuccini in the garden yesterday that is ready to become chopped into chips and broiled alongside. I should probably toss some salad as well, but I am really tired, so might just chop the vegetable plate, this way I do not have to chop the vegetables in different ways and do both a bowl and a platter.... Right now I feel like skipping dinner altogether and going to bed.... Those who sleep dine, as they say. Of course I might feel very differently 7 hours from now!
    Last edited by Leida; 08-04-2011 at 11:00 AM.

gojirama is offline Senior Member
    I made these for breakfast today, and they were delicious. They do have flax, so if you don't eat flax you won't like them.
    Jenna Eats Real Food: Apple pancakes, inspired by Jamie Oliver.
    I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
    Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
    "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

tonight I am going to make bacon wrapped chicken livers. I also thought I would make some Grok bbq sauce to dip them in. I will let you know how this turns out. I got the recipe from the quick and easy PB cookbook.

As a side dish, I think I might make some PB friendly alfredo sauce to go on zucchini ribbons.. again, I will let you know how this turns out.
    Karin

Farfalla is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by livingprimal View Post
    Just made Bigos, recipe here: Bigos, a Polish Hunter’s Stew
    I totally second bigos. It is one of my favorite meals for cold days. So satisfactory!

Recently I made another stew - borscht. Here is a paleo recipe, which I didn't really follow because I only found it now. I recommend a combination of beef and pork (preferably juicy cuts). And the color is to die for - it really brightens up a bleak day. I borrowed the picture below from that website. My borscht was even brighter (like here) because I used a trick - instead of cooking the beet with the other ingredients, I packed it in foil and only when the rest of the stew was almost ready did I unpeel the beets and cut them into pieces. This way the wonderful color of beet is preserved and its taste is more pronounced, too.
    Last edited by Farfalla; 08-06-2011 at 02:08 PM.

AliceH is offline Member
    Lunch today was a half shallot and a cleaned, diced jalapeno sauteed in butter, then tossed in a couple of snapper filets. I just finished roasting a duck, too, and immediately had to cook an egg in the duck fat, it was so tasty. I'm going to strip the duck and make stock from the carcass, and have duck as snack food between meals for the next few days. (No one else in my family likes duck, so it's MINE MINE MINE!)

AliceH is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kimmie View Post
    My dh bought me a sous vide machine because I was so obsessed with her that I started researching how to build my own and he had visions of our house going up in flames It's been a huge time saver.
    Oh, and just in case anyone's interested in making their own sous vide cooker....

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    bacon wrapped livers are soooo good and good with primal bbq sauce!! This meal will be repeated!!
    Karin

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast