Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need to say this to the ladies page

amazonmagic is offline Senior Member

Need to say this to the ladies

Shop Now
    I have been reading quite a few posts today and I know I may get some flack for saying this, but I came to the realization of it myself a few weeks ago, so here goes. I used to be 268 pounds, one day I work up, and couldn't handle it anymore. A girlfriend of mine had lost weight using atkins, so I tried it. I went down to 209 pounds in seven months, but seeing that number go done on the scale was just a bonus for me. I went from walking 2 miles in 45 minutes to running 3 miles in 28 minutes. I could do push ups, I could line dance (something that is hard to do for the overweight), I felt great. I didn't worry about my calories, I just ate food that was ok. I kept it off for 6 years. Then all these new fangled items came out, low carb bread, SF candy, splenda. I tried them, my weight shot back up too 225. I still never judged myself by the number on the scale. I went looking for a lifestyle that would let me feel good again, atkins had become too processed. When I found PB, the scale was still the same, a useful tool but nothing else. I went down to 190 the smallest I had been since I was seventeen, and I could wear a bikini at that weight and look fantastic. I didn't weigh myself everyday, hell not even every week, I hoped on it one day just a mental check in, bam I was 190. Then I started abusing that dang thang when it didn't move. I used it as an excuse to cheat. Well I've already gained weight so I am just going to pig out and start fresh in the morning. I am now at 232 again, and part of it is that scale. I stopped looking at the scale 2 weeks ago, I don't know what my weight is right now, I dont' care!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I set achievable goals. 50 push ups, 20 pull ups, squat 200 pounds, fast sprints, healthy real foods and dress size 8. No where in those goals do you see a number corresponding with my weight, the number doesn't matter! Stop using the scale as an excuse to quit or cheat. You know what feels good if you listen to your body. That number doesn't define you, your actions do. Love your self, not the number on a machine. I get so frustrated knowing how many beautiful smart women on this forum are basing there success on that scale, please don't your better than that. Rant done.

Zophie is offline Senior Member
    Well said! Thank you.

Wow! I think I needed that. Thank you.

kaylakala is offline Member
    Awesome!
    Had no idea I was so weak till I started walking in October. Could barely make it around the block!
    Now can walk on the beach for hours.

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    Awesome post and reminder !
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

HTownGirl is offline Senior Member
    Words of wisdom! Thanks!

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Great post, thanks.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Coconut is offline Senior Member
    So true! So True!!!

Thank you, I needed this also!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    yeah, it helps. we haven't owned a scale in -- good lord -- over a decade? i haven't been near a scale (in any setting) in over a year. when my doctor would weigh me, I might ask him to tell me the weight, but usually wouldn't. So long as I was happy with the way my clothes were fitting, etc, all is well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast