Thread: Primal Cyclist from Canada. page

rolfdevinci is offline Member

Primal Cyclist from Canada.

Primal Fuel
    Greetings all. I switched to Paleo in February 2010 and achieved some great results in fitness and overall health. Been hanging out with the Paleo tribe over in the Cavemanforum and they were instrumental in getting me down the right path. That said I have now found myself gravitating towards a Primal WOE as I fine tune my nutrition.....especially when it comes to (endurance) sports and recovery.

I have started reintroducting occasional dairy(butter, 35%MF cream and Greek/Balkan style yogurt) as well as sweet potato with the reasoning that avoidance of (traditional) whole foods that cause me no dietary issues just to fit a certain dogma is silly. I adhere to the belief that personal nutrition is an individual thing and that one must find the foods that work for them and keeps them healthy and happy.I also consider it a journey and not just a destination, remaining open minded and adaptable in the pursuit of better health and wellness.

I'm a competitive club cyclist and road racer who dabbles in running(doing an occasional duathlon here and there), play rec league ballhockey(out and in goal), strength train and practice intermittent fasting and fasted training.

I am also a blogger because I find this whole fitness/nutrition/sport subject fascinating. I am here.....

Rolf Devinci Cycling

Blog sub title now reflects my switch to the Primal tribe......

Geo
    Last edited by rolfdevinci; 07-21-2011 at 02:52 PM.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. Sounds like you are doing great!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

rolfdevinci is offline Member
    "The ones who roll their eyes and tune you out ...."

I hear you...hehehehe. It's the glaze over the eyes that gets me when you try and explain Paleo/Primal WOE's......brings back memories of Thomas Dolby...."she blinded me with science!"

BTW - Cool blogs