Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to make for 2nd grade class? page

Crystalftw is offline Junior Member

What to make for 2nd grade class?

Primal Fuel
    My son asked me to make something for last day of summer school party. I used to make brownies or rice crispy treats. Obviously, not going to make said things now. Suggestions+recipes pls! Something easy enough that isn't going to cost an arm and a leg to make.

TIA!
    <3-Crystal

gojirama is offline Senior Member
    Bring a big fruit plate. If you want to make it more treat like whip some heavy whipping cream with a smidge of sugar. I'd avoid nuts for any kid thing.
    I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
    Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
    "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

pinkmomagain is offline Junior Member
    My favorite go to desert is choc covered strawberries. If it's super hot and the party is outside though, they might melt.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Watermelon balls. Kids like fun shapes, and watermelon is juicy and refreshing.

Any sort of fruit is good. Fruit kebabs maybe? Lots of colors and shapes there- grapes, melon cubes, strawberries, pineapple cubes, blueberries, maybe put some pieces of cheese in there too.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    No offense, but if I were in 2nd grade and I Was brought a fruit tray, I'd be beyond disappointed. Go for cheesecake cupcakes topped with strawberries, cherries or fudge sauce. That can easily be made primal-ish. I eat cheesecake and ice cream all the time.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kena View Post
    Suggestions+recipes pls!
    You can use my primal-ish cheesecake recipe found here.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post442310

Just put them in muffin trays with paper cupcake baking cups. You may have to cut baking time. Instead of 40-45 mins, it's probably more like 25-30 mins per tray. You may want to look up a cheesecake cupcake recipe and follow their baking times. Then, just top with cherries and/or fudge. Simple
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

ELizabeth826 is offline Senior Member
    To be fair, in second grade if you brought a fruit plate, I would TOTALLY be hogging it. And only with watermelon balls you can use cookie cutters to cut Fruits like kiwi, cantaloupe, honeydew, etc into shapes.

But then again I was that weird kid who really loved steamed broccoli and never ate her mashed potatoes. So maybe I'm just wrong on this topic.
    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
    -Maimonodies

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    Watermelon... its an awesome treat this time of year.... & you won't get flack from other parents for bringing something "un-healthy" and there's not a lot of ppl who are allergic to watermelon...

Roo
    Roo is offline Member
    Well, I bring fruit kebabs to school for treats all the time, and the kids go bonkers over them. I use the coffee stirrer/straws, and push them through strawberries, grapes, blueberries, watermelon, etc. At each class party there is one salty treat, one sweet treat, and fruit. Every class party I've been to, the fruit was gone first. Don't underestimate kids!!

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    I have a great (and easy) cake recipe that you could make cupcakes with (just make a bigger batch of batter and add more sugar). I've gotten really good feedback from adults and kids:
    Pretty in Primal: Perfect Vanilla Cake (grain-free/gluten-free)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast