Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: top 20 bodyweight exercises page

  1. #1
    Tom Dunphy's Avatar
    Tom Dunphy is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Bradley Beach, NJ
    Posts
    52

    top 20 bodyweight exercises

    Primal Fuel
    pretty cool post. thought i'd share.

    Top 20 Bodyweight Exercises for Building Muscle & Strength

  2. #2
    iniQuity's Avatar
    iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    5,683
    Good stuff. I would add dragon-flags to that list, but I suppose Front Lever already encompasses that movement in a way. Or I guess what I mean to say is if you can hold a front lever chances are you can do dragon flags.

  3. #3
    Littlesigh's Avatar
    Littlesigh is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Thule Greenland (76N 68W)
    Posts
    191
    Great info..thanks!
    Living the dream, inside a myth

  4. #4
    HillsideGina's Avatar
    HillsideGina is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    517
    He should have pics illustrating each one. He IS using a picture of Zuzana from BodyRock.tv for the pistol squat. Wonder if he got her permission?

  5. #5
    primalrob's Avatar
    primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Manchester, NH
    Posts
    2,142
    that's a great list.

    damn i need to get some rings

  6. #6
    MightyAl's Avatar
    MightyAl is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Quad Cities, IA
    Posts
    508
    Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    that's a great list.

    damn i need to get some rings
    I was thinking the same thing. I am going to build myself an adult jungle gym but then I need to figure out what to do in winter.
    Check out my primal blog: http://primalroar.posterous.com/

  7. #7
    iniQuity's Avatar
    iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    5,683
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyAl View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. I am going to build myself an adult jungle gym but then I need to figure out what to do in winter.
    My indoor pull-up bar saved me during this winter, and to make up for the lack of added weight I would focus on one-arm pull up variations like using a towel for assistance or whatever.

    You guys definitely need to get rings, whole different beast.

  8. #8
    Bissen's Avatar
    Bissen is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Herning (soon Århus), Denmark
    Posts
    629
    Indeed a ncie list! I'd have a hard time finding 20 top exercises!

    I'd want to add a press to handstand, though it's more of a move, but it's a DARN powerful one! Hanging leg raise is another one.
    Another one would be the glute-ham raise/natural leg curl. (GHR/NLC). Hits your lower back, glutes and and hamstrings.

    Btw, am I the only one who senses a little photoshopping in that picture? I know gymnasts have amazing physique, buuut... it does look a little fake to me.

    Agree on the rings. You can use them for ANYTHING (almost... I have yet to find a way to do GHRs/NLCs with them, lol - I use my pullup bar for that.)
    Last edited by Bissen; 07-21-2011 at 01:38 PM.

  9. #9
    iniQuity's Avatar
    iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    5,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    Indeed a ncie list! I'd have a hard time finding 20 top exercises!

    I'd want to add a press to handstand, though it's more of a move, but it's a DARN powerful one! Hanging leg raise is another one.
    Another one would be the glute-ham raise/natural leg curl. (GHR/NLC). Hits your lower back, glutes and and hamstrings.

    Btw, am I the only one who senses a little photoshopping in that picture? I know gymnasts have amazing physique, buuut... it does look a little fake to me.

    Agree on the rings. You can use them for ANYTHING (almost... I have yet to find a way to do GHRs/NLCs with them, lol - I use my pullup bar for that.)
    I don't think the pic is shopped, gymnasts are that sickly fit, also: overhead lighting.

    Regarding the press to handstand, I think "handstand push up" covers that, but I would agree with you that the lower back involvement in a press is fucking tough.

  10. #10
    pizzmor's Avatar
    pizzmor is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    South Central PA
    Posts
    72
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hindu pushups?
    www.everymanpaleo.com


    "Its not that I am too old, your music really does suck..."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •