Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: top 20 bodyweight exercises

top 20 bodyweight exercises

Shop Now
    pretty cool post. thought i'd share.

Top 20 Bodyweight Exercises for Building Muscle & Strength

Good stuff. I would add dragon-flags to that list, but I suppose Front Lever already encompasses that movement in a way. Or I guess what I mean to say is if you can hold a front lever chances are you can do dragon flags.

Great info..thanks!
    Living the dream, inside a myth

He should have pics illustrating each one. He IS using a picture of Zuzana from BodyRock.tv for the pistol squat. Wonder if he got her permission?

that's a great list.

damn i need to get some rings

Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    that's a great list.

damn i need to get some rings
    I was thinking the same thing. I am going to build myself an adult jungle gym but then I need to figure out what to do in winter.
    Check out my primal blog: http://primalroar.posterous.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MightyAl View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. I am going to build myself an adult jungle gym but then I need to figure out what to do in winter.
    My indoor pull-up bar saved me during this winter, and to make up for the lack of added weight I would focus on one-arm pull up variations like using a towel for assistance or whatever.

You guys definitely need to get rings, whole different beast.

Indeed a ncie list! I'd have a hard time finding 20 top exercises!

I'd want to add a press to handstand, though it's more of a move, but it's a DARN powerful one! Hanging leg raise is another one.
    Another one would be the glute-ham raise/natural leg curl. (GHR/NLC). Hits your lower back, glutes and and hamstrings.

Btw, am I the only one who senses a little photoshopping in that picture? I know gymnasts have amazing physique, buuut... it does look a little fake to me.

Agree on the rings. You can use them for ANYTHING (almost... I have yet to find a way to do GHRs/NLCs with them, lol - I use my pullup bar for that.)
    Last edited by Bissen; 07-21-2011 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    Indeed a ncie list! I'd have a hard time finding 20 top exercises!

I'd want to add a press to handstand, though it's more of a move, but it's a DARN powerful one! Hanging leg raise is another one.
    Another one would be the glute-ham raise/natural leg curl. (GHR/NLC). Hits your lower back, glutes and and hamstrings.

Btw, am I the only one who senses a little photoshopping in that picture? I know gymnasts have amazing physique, buuut... it does look a little fake to me.

Agree on the rings. You can use them for ANYTHING (almost... I have yet to find a way to do GHRs/NLCs with them, lol - I use my pullup bar for that.)
    I don't think the pic is shopped, gymnasts are that sickly fit, also: overhead lighting.

Regarding the press to handstand, I think "handstand push up" covers that, but I would agree with you that the lower back involvement in a press is fucking tough.

Shop Now
    Hindu pushups?
    www.everymanpaleo.com

"Its not that I am too old, your music really does suck..."