Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Opinion Please page

jenh is offline Senior Member
    Vernon Hills, IL (Northern Chicago suburbs)

Exclamation Need Opinion Please

Primal Fuel
    Okay, I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong or if this is just a version of extended carb flu... I did Paleo well from December 27-May or so...and was seeing results of getting off all BP meds and Nexium and had lost weight and gained muscle as I'm working on doing this through my doctor's office. The last 2 weeks or so I'm really trying hard... Started even doing fitday yesterday to see what I'm doing. I think it says I had about 3k calories yesterday which I know shouldn't be my focus as I know the basics of primal...but I input how much food I'm eating AND how incredibly fatigued I am... I have been increasing my sleep from 6.5 hrs to 7 and last couple nights to 8+ and I'm still sooo exhausted. I had about 56% fat yesterday and about 30% protein... This morning I had a big breakfast again with eggs, ham, cheese, and a few hashbrowns (yes, I have ok'd this w/ the doc cuz I just can't handle the strong taste of eggs w/o something like a potato) my total carbs yesterday were under 100g and so far I'm under 50g today even w/ the potatoes. Should I just keep stuffing myself? I feel like a pig - and an exhausted one at that - about at the point where I want to seriously leave work for the day due to fatigue.

I fear it will either need soda (oh god please no) or a rootbeer float to make it through the day. ugh. I have too much work to do to take nap.
    My goal pic...

Sugar is a damn drug. It's a sick and evil cycle that I must break permanently. GROKETTE ON!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/JLDesignStudio (My personal designs & creations of quality handcrafted jewelry. Items for grokettes AND groks of all ages.)

Bodhi is offline Senior Member
    Try eating some coconut oil and see if that helps. The MCTs should help.
    ...how do you look, feel, and perform? -- Robb Wolf

My Blog.

freqz is offline Member
    Are you moving around enough? Or sitting at a desk all day?

I am relatively motionless sitting at a desk - I work as a Recruiter reading resumes and doing phone interviews. Unfortunately Coconut Oil is not available in our cafeteria; pretty sure they have no clue what that is. I sometimes wonder why I enjoy working in healthcare anymore knowing what I know due to primal.
    My goal pic...

Sugar is a damn drug. It's a sick and evil cycle that I must break permanently. GROKETTE ON!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/JLDesignStudio (My personal designs & creations of quality handcrafted jewelry. Items for grokettes AND groks of all ages.)

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    Try eating some coconut oil and see if that helps. The MCTs should help.
    Definitely this and ditch the potato. Find some other veggies to add to your egg scramble. Spinach, broccoli, onions, peppers what have you. If you are still wanting to lose, drop the potato. Eat a spoonful of CO when you feel the drop in energy or feel down and you'll notice an instant change.
    Georgette

Look up Nutiva coconut oil. You want the virgin I believe. I keep a tupperware container of it on my desk.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    Look up Nutiva coconut oil. You want the virgin I believe. I keep a tupperware container of it on my desk.
    Thanks. I guess I should break down and finally go buy some... and I should pre-package some veggies for my scramble... mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers, lil' onion...and I will start to decrease the potato.
    My goal pic...

Amazon sells the coconut oil fairly reasonably. Starchy vegetables are the WORST things to eat if you want to drop body fat.
    Georgette

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jenh View Post
    I had about 3k calories yesterday which I know shouldn't be my focus as I know the basics of primal...but I input how much food I'm eating AND how incredibly fatigued I am... Should I just keep stuffing myself? I feel like a pig - and an exhausted one at that.
    No. Don't stuff. 3k sounds like a lot depending on your size. There is no reason to be stuffing yourself. And anyone who ever said that being aware of how many calories you are consuming is somehow "un-Primal" needs to go back and read the PB. There is a whole chapter on it in there.

I also agree with Bodhi and Georgette about ditching the spuds and trying some good quality coconut oil.

Yes, I did think 3k was a lot but I just started tracking on fit day and was a bit surprised... I am not a small woman - about 255 pounds and a size 20W-22W, but for my size/situation I'm fairly strong but I will get some virgin coconut oil, more sleep, and start ditching potatoes.
    My goal pic...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast