Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: POLL: Primal Blueprint Logo page

Mark Sisson is offline Administrator

Primal Fuel

I am working on developing a new logo for the Primal Blueprint. The new logo will be featured on an all new version of PrimalBlueprint.com that I have planned for this next year and on new books and other Primal gear I'll be releasing soon.

I'd love your honest opinions on this round of logos. Thanks in advance for participating. I really appreciate the feedback.

UPDATE: THIS POLL IS CLOSED. A BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT PARTICIPATED. ALL YOUR COMMENTS ARE VERY HELPFUL. BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD!

kongluirong is offline Junior Member

Okay, so I'm going to go more in depth on here on why I don't think the other logos work as well as Number 4 (and my response to 4)

Okay, this is coming from a designer's standpoint. I like logo 4 the best because it use a serif font, like your book. You want it to work with the book, since that came out first. However I don't like/understand the box and circle. I would just get rid of them because they do not have a purpose. The rest of it is good, the positioning of "Primal BluePrint" and how grok fits on the side.

One: if you have to make something gray in a black and white version of a logo, it usually looks not-so-good, that was my opinion of this one.

Two: I do like the san-serif font, however, I still stick to that the logo needs to be cohesive with the book. The circle outline thing looks awkward around grok. However, if you MUST go with a san serif, I would suggest this typeface.

Three was okay, but it's really static. I prefer four, as I said above.

I don't remember the numbers of the other ones, I just downloaded them on my computer.

The rest of them...the ones that have differing line weights don't work as well in the black and white versions, but I can see where the designer tried that because of the one that has same line weights. It doesn't look all that good either. As far as the other typefaces go, none of them work at all. If you're going to mix typefaces with a brand, especially serifs and san serifs, they need to work well together.

Meh, the more I look at number four...the more I kind of like the square and circle, even though they have no apparent purpose. I would still like to see it without those though. I guess I could just do it for myself, post it here for you to see and then your designer could do it the correct way since s/he has the original files :-D. Sorry for the ramble...

EDIT:

So I did make it without the circle/square.

I like it better with the circle and square because it gives it a sense of gravity. HOWEVER, that line is really thin and although it may look great on the web, print is a whole 'nother world. If you were going to reverse it (i.e. white on black) those lines would disappear, but it is up to you, Mark, on whether that matters.

groquette is offline Senior Member

I love the da vinci vibe of the square/circle.

grandma is offline Member

I think the serif font is the best. I think it is the most fitting for the brand. I also like how on the book primal is in a larger font than blueprint. the type face in 1,5,6,7 invoke a drafting or CAD definition of blueprint, not a "blueprint of life" definition. I think the serif font gives that "stands the test of time" sort of feel.

My vote would be either 4 with a change to make primal larger and fill the same horizontal space as blueprint, so it is more rectangular or 7 with a serif font.

The poll doesn't work so I didn't fill it out.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

grandma is offline Member

3 is kind of growing on me. But the more I look at them 5 and 6 make me think of a printing company.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Sharonll is offline Senior Member

The survey doesn't work for me. It seems to require a response to all of the logo choices in the first section, but then deletes the responses and gives an error.

My voteis for #4. The circle and square follow with the "blueprint" idea, as they look like an architectural drawing. I also like that font the best.

Sorry it's not working for a couple of you. Data is coming in so it appears to be working on some level. All 7 rows of question 1 are required. Question 2 is completely optional.

Thank you for all your thoughts, too. Every bit of feedback will factor into the PB logo decision. Grok on!

gazb is offline Junior Member

I'm also unable to fill in all 7 options. Filling in the bottom two removes the answers from the top 2.

Anyway, I also prefer the serif font, I don't like the look of the ultra-modern style fonts. For a technology company they'd work, but not for a site that's specifically advocating going back to "old fashioned" principles. 3 is my favourite.

chima_p is offline Senior Member

The problem for me was that you could only fill in 1 choice per column. Since there are 7 rows 2 logos had to be left blank.

Logo 7 FTW

Big and Bold just like Grok!

Sorry for the hassle. It should be fixed now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast