Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fryups Every Morning? page

tomewer is offline Member

Fryups Every Morning?

I just wanted to clarify this because it goes against everything I have been brought up to believe

Is it really okay to have fryups every morning? By fryup, I mean say bacon, eggs and mushrooms, or bacon sausage and egg, all fried in extra virgin olive oil.

L8F
    L8F is offline Senior Member
    Yes and no...if you are trying to lose weight, the calories in all of that might be a little over the top. Also needs to be organic etc to have good fat ratios. That being said, I eat 4 eggs each AM, and for a long time also had sausage and bacon too. Also fried it in bacon grease and or butter. I lost a lot on this breakfast a while back, and then my bacon habits and nut eating got a little out of control. BTW- Cholesterol is very low after several months of this breakfast.
    There is a calorie post by paleo bird that you should check out if it is weight loss you are concerned about. If it is just feeling good etc, then go for it.

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member
    Yes! A big protein breakfast helps curb hunger, but you want to avoid snacking and stick to good meals.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    No.

Never.

Never.

Never cook anything with extra virgin olive oil.

It goes against everything we were brought up to believe.

Just use the bacon grease, or some coconut butter or.....*GASP* BUTTER.

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member
    DarthFriendly is RIGHT! Forgot to note that in my post. Save all your bacon dripping--great for the fryups!
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthFriendly View Post
    No.

Never.

Never.

Never cook anything with extra virgin olive oil.

It goes against everything we were brought up to believe.

Just use the bacon grease, or some coconut butter or.....*GASP* BUTTER.
    +1

Wouldn't it taste much better this way?

mwraydc is offline Junior Member
    Mark's posts on this issue seem to be in contradiction to some of the statements I see in this post. Tomewer, you may want to read this:
    Defending Olive Oil’s Reputation | Mark's Daily Apple

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    I wasn't basing it on heat-based degradation, just that to me olive oil on eggs and bacon would taste so awful that it smacks of sat-fat fear.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Fry it in butter or bacon fat, not extra virgin olive oil. Keep the olive oil for cold uses; don't use it in cooking.

And yes, you can have that every morning.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Bacon and sausage are high in fat vs the amount of protein that you get from them. I would save those for treats rather than every day if you're trying to lose weight.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast