Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Plateau'd, Why, How I intend to fix. Suggestions? page

befitby40 is offline Senior Member

Plateau'd, Why, How I intend to fix. Suggestions?

Primal Fuel
    OK, I've hit a plateau. I've outlined the WHY I think it's happening and the HOW I intend to get on-track on my blog post: A Plateau and Why Iím not Concerned

A couple things I didn't mention in it that I may want to look at as well
    • Too much fruit?
    • Too many nuts?
    • Stretching the 80/20 principle a little too far in the name of being Stress-Free

Anyone have any other suggestions of things I may be missing or might consider trying?

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Artificial sweeteners are a big one. I'd cut nuts before fruit, though I personally generally don't eat either.

How long is the plateau?

Keep up the good work, especially being honest with yourself.

nolineon is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post
    Artificial sweeteners are a big one. I'd cut nuts before fruit, though I personally generally don't eat either.
    What's so bad about artificial sweetener's? And yes, this is a hijacking.

Quote Originally Posted by nolineon View Post
    What's so bad about artificial sweetener's? And yes, this is a hijacking.
    Though the mechanism isn't definitively determined, and likely won't be anytime soon due to money, ingesting them strongly correlates to obesity.

Quote Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post
    Though the mechanism isn't definitively determined, and likely won't be anytime soon due to money, ingesting them strongly correlates to obesity.
    I had read somewhere (sorry, no link to source) that artificial sweeteners "tricked" the body into an insulin response, despite not having any actual sugars to convert to glycogen, with the end result being the same old tale of insulin resistance and related weight gain.

I'd also be wary of their potential for being carcinogens. The more natural and whole foods the better; the fewer artificial ingredients, ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    I had read somewhere (sorry, no link to source) that artificial sweeteners "tricked" the body into an insulin response, despite not having any actual sugars to convert to glycogen, with the end result being the same old tale of insulin resistance and related weight gain.

I'd also be wary of their potential for being carcinogens. The more natural and whole foods the better; the fewer artificial ingredients, ditto.
    For many people they also keep the sweet tooth alive instead of letting it die.

nolineon is offline Member
    Any links to those studies? That correlation might be easily explained by that fact that replacing regular soda with diet soda is the first "diet" step taken by those who are already obese or who have diabetes or both. And we all know how well those "diets" work. Anecdotally, I've been told that competitive bodybuilders routinely consume absolutely mind boggling amounts of diet soda when cutting for competitions.

Quote Originally Posted by nolineon View Post
    Any links to those studies? That correlation might be easily explained by that fact that replacing regular soda with diet soda is the first "diet" step taken by those who are already obese or who have diabetes or both. And we all know how well those "diets" work. Anecdotally, I've been told that competitive bodybuilders routinely consume absolutely mind boggling amounts of diet soda when cutting for competitions.
    Agreed. What we know anecdotally is that dropping AS often helps people break through plateaus.

Competitive body-builders also ingest tremendous amounts of steroids, stimulants and other nastiness. BB's are a horrible example to follow for anyone.

js290 is offline Senior Member

Waskydiver is offline Senior Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast