Thread: VSL#3 probiotics and oxalates page

jammies is offline Senior Member

VSL#3 probiotics and oxalates

Shop Now
    Has anyone here tried the probiotic VSL#3? It is supposed to contain oxalate eating bacteria. I am interested due to my recent development of oxlate kidney stones. I've also heard that oxalates can be an issue for people with autoimmune disease - since I have RA and kidney stones, I was thinking about trying them.

They are very expensive and I think hard to find, so I was hoping for some feedback before spending the money.

Thanks!!

pinkmomagain is offline Junior Member
    My daughter, who has ulcerative colitis, took VSL#3 for awhile. It may or may not have helped her -- who knows. She is not taking it now. But dealing with the website for VSL#3 was fine..always got mine shipped right away, packed in dry ice -- if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkmomagain View Post
    My daughter, who has ulcerative colitis, took VSL#3 for awhile. It may or may not have helped her -- who knows. She is not taking it now. But dealing with the website for VSL#3 was fine..always got mine shipped right away, packed in dry ice -- if I remember correctly.
    Thanks pinkmomagain! Good to know that at least the ordering process is safe

PrimalWannabeGirl is offline Senior Member
    My son is taking VSL because he's on heavy-duty antibiotics for Lyme Disease. I have just recently started them because I've been diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis. It's easy to get on the web.

Pea

Quote Originally Posted by PrimalWannabeGirl View Post
    My son is taking VSL because he's on heavy-duty antibiotics for Lyme Disease. I have just recently started them because I've been diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis. It's easy to get on the web.

Pea
    Thank you! What is the link between AS and VSL? Have you noticed any benefits yet?

Wayneeuk is offline Member
    Whens the best time to take them?before or after a meal?