Thread: Warrior Diet and Art of New Evolution page

Twibble is offline Senior Member

Warrior Diet and Art of New Evolution

Primal Fuel
    Both are on highly discounted (under $4) as Amazon eBooks right now.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

HTownGirl is offline Senior Member
    I bought it today. I'm happy with Primal, but curious about it.

$3.99 on Amazon. Kindle version.

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    Doesn't Warrior Diet specify you eat in the evening before bed?

This seems backwards. Others say eat less in the evening and nothing a few hours before bed, for hormone reasons.

JKC
    JKC is offline Senior Member
    Warrior diet (as far and I understand it) is eat some but not much during the day and load up at your evening meal. I am tempted to buy it because it is pretty much the way I naturally eat. This eat a big breakfast thing is not necessarily for everyone, imo
    Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

gordo is offline Senior Member
    I assume that you're talking about DeVany's latest offering. It's not worth $4, IMO. Fortunately, I got it at the library.

Gordo

rolfdevinci is offline Member
    Yup.....Warriors diet is kinda a mix of daily Intermittant Fasting with Primal.Its got some debatable claims(like most diets) but essentially you eat little during the day but then feast in the evening. I have kinda switched my meal frequency along similar lines of the Warriors diet but with a Leangains influence. Leangains is a daily fasting regimen(16hours) followed by a 8 hours eating window. That window is flexible based on your lifestyle/work schedule.

So essentially I do a leangains daily fast with a Warriors Diet eating window in the evening. During my fast I drink water, tea and coffee(with a little heavy cream ). I also incorporate some fasted training into the mix.....great way to increase your metabolic flexibility and fat burning(adaptation).

Once you kick the "carb" addiction throwing in a couple fast days is easy. You would be surprised how energized, focused and light you feel. In terms of ancestral nutrition it makes perfect sense....between successful hunts and forages I'm sure our paleo ancesters oftern went without food.

kityjonelam is offline Junior Member

Great information

I am glad to here the all useful inforamtion

Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    Warrior diet is a pretty crappy book. The author likely stumbled on something that worked (intermittent fasting) and tried to come up with some bullshit pseudo-science to back it up. He's also way too much into the ''greeks and romans were awesome and sparkled and were sooooo manly and OMG I want to be one of them please please please'' thing.

Here's the summary of the book: eat less during the day and more at night. You can also read on intermittent fasting for free on the internet and save 4$.