Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 Days in.... feeling "WOOZY" page

knickerbocker is offline Junior Member

3 Days in.... feeling "WOOZY"

Shop Now
    I been playing around with the PB for a week or so ... but have been following it pretty strictly for the past 3 days.... While my not getting the Carb Flu headache... I have been somewhat light headed and a bit "woozy".... my energy level is also in the toilet. I've had trouble even getting through a very light workout on the eliptical... wooziness has been a factor in this , but also just feeling flat

Is this a normal part of the "Carb Flu" ?
    Last edited by knickerbocker; 07-20-2011 at 06:47 AM.

croí is offline Senior Member
    Absolutely

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Hate to tell you: You're 100% normal.

Your body is switching fuel sources right now. The wooziness and the low energy are part of this and will pass. Stay the course. Good things on the other side of this for you.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Yep.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

belinda is offline Senior Member
    For about the first month I was primal, I could do my 20 minute lunch walk no problem, but walking the 4 flights of stairs back up to my office was a killer. There were a couple of days where I had to actually stop half way and take a break
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Crystalftw is offline Junior Member
    Wow thanks for posting this!!! I thought I was pregnant and took a test. ROFL
    I was also wondering why all the sudden I couldn't climb stairs as well... Glad to know I'm doing it right~
    <3-Crystal

lucyh is offline Senior Member
    Yep, I went through this for a few weeks. I finally, after three months, have that great energy that everyone always talks about. Stick with it and know that your body is just adjusting to new fuel sources!
    My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    During my first week I suffered one episode where I thought something was quite seriously wrong - I dropped right down into a fog I could barely see out of. Luckily, the panic and adrenaline jolted me up and I made it through and having a really good dinner that evening recovered. It might happen - just ride through it.

I did have a number of days of fogginess - unable to pull myself out of focussed action, unable to refocus on a horizon. It felt kind of spaced out, but actually was more like an intense focus. It passed - the benefit is, I can focus much more intently than before and draw out into a wide horizon and chill much deeper than before. I think we've lived so much of our lives in such a narrow mental band - primal is a release which comes as quite a shock when it first happens. Again, it will pass. Headaches? They'll pass, too.

By the end of your second week, you'll feel like a superhuman and then by four weeks it will all feel really normal and the only time you are aware of how awesome you now are is when you have to go among "normal" people - you walk taller, you think with more focus, you speak with more conviction, you have a strength which they do not, you sense their uncertainly of you ... it's fun

knickerbocker is offline Junior Member
    I tend to be very active... at the gym 5 days a week.... is it better... or ok to take a break from exercise during the first week or so while this is going on ?

J. Stanton is offline Senior Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast