Thread: Break Your Day Up With Periodic Fitness Moments page

rubberbanditz Guest

Shop Now

Are you one of those people who has a hard time detaching your nose from your computer screen? Has the lifestyle paradox of technology allowed you to perform daily activities with greater efficiency at the expense of your health? Decreasing natural movements for those of us who spend more time than we care to admit in front of a screen can lead to dysfunctional body mechanics in addition to chronic pain and obesity.

Great news for you if this is the case. With the convenience, portability and cost friendly nature of exercise bands, you can multitask without having to get out of your chair... and I don’t mean facebooking while texting and drinking coffee.

Rubberbanditz offers circular bands that can be deployed to perform a variety of exercises and stretches from a seated position with minimal effort and in the amount of time it would take you to commute to the gym. Complete ‘ Rubberbanditz mobile gyms’ are also available to get the full scale workout.

I for one, am one of those people who frequently become so fixated on my work that by the time a long overdue stopping point arrives, I stand up only to feel my Neolithic genome wash over me and proceed to stumble around like a caveman for several paces before my lower back decides to erect.

There is no need to compromise your health or comfort for time on computer task. Infuse your tech time with periodic fitness moments by performing a 5-10 minute exercise bout periodically throughout your day. Tone your mind and body while dispelling the lifestyle paradox of technology.

Acmebike is offline Member

Or, and here is a radical idea, instead of purchasing some new equipment, ahem, just do some sit ups, push ups, air squats, crunches, knee lifts, burpees, and the like in the comfort of your office or cubicle, get creative. Walk stairs on a coffee brake, hmmm, anyone else got great and FREE ideas? Post 'em up here.

maba is offline Senior Member

Hahaha, Acme I totally agree. I did inclined pushups at my desk today. I would put those $40 to better use, like, maybe buying pastured meat. Yes, I'd like to see more free ideas as I'm trying to incorporate more of these body weight exercise that I can do discretely in my cube.

slesca is offline Senior Member
    Rural midwest; just outside a mid-sized city

Offer to carry boxes to or from the storage shelves in the basement. Help with moving file cabinets and conference room tables. Switch out the 5 gallon water jugs on the water machine.

Acmebike is offline Member

Nice, keep it rolling. You can do "dips" and "crunches" in your desk chair, push up on the arm rests, get your butt off the chair, and then bring your knees up, keep a straight back. No one will even suspect you are doing seated Tabata exercises!

primalclubber is offline Senior Member

I'm fortunate to have my own office, so I'll do pistols, hindu squats, door pullups, or pushups. I also always prefer to take the stairs up and down (13 flrs) as I work in a hospital, especially during this flu season.

gazb is offline Junior Member

Where's the link to buy them? Spam fail!