Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do some people want to be Neanderthal not African? page

Hedonist is offline Senior Member

Do some people want to be Neanderthal not African?

Shop Now
    It has always seemed to me that many folks in this forum think of themselves as Neanderthal. I suspect at least a few don't want to be African, not that they would probably admit it.

So, apparently most non-African humans have some Neanderthal genetic material. Not much, so far as I can tell. But lots of people are hot to find proof that they have more than most of us. Partly, this may be because Neanderthals have a (perhaps undeserved) image of being bad assed. But also, OK, I'm going to say it. Flame me if you want. I wonder whether it is partly racist. Not for most of us, for sure. But for some.

We are all overwhelmingly African. Reading about Bushmen, I am proud to call them my grandparents.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

canio6 Guest
    I'm a British American. Born in England to English parents and became a naturalized US citizen. If my ancestors, god knows how many generations ago, were Neanderthal or African or hell, came from some other planet, it doesn't matter one iota.

PrimalClay is offline Senior Member
    I thought Grok was supposed to be a 10,000 year ago man? I think Neanderthals had been long gone for 20,000 years by Groks day and age (interbreeding aside). Maybe I am wrong but I think the little guy on my T shirt jumping around would have been a Homo sapien.

Also I believe the current Out of Africa theory states that humans began migrating out of Africa around 70,000 years ago.

So when I am walking around feeling primal with my pale white skin, blue eyes, and red hair I guess I think of myself more of a homo sapien living 10,000 years ago most likely in the area we now call germany or maybe closer to the British isles given my heritage. If I were to go back far enough maybe I would be an african but certainly not as recent as 10,000 years ago which is the time frame we are given in the book.

If I were of African ancestry I certainly do not see why I would not picture myself as an African Bushmen. You can argue we were all African at one point which is true but we were all also single cell organisms at one point as well. It is just a mater of the time frame we are using.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    I'm a British American. Born in England to English parents and became a naturalized US citizen. If my ancestors, god knows how many generations ago, were Neanderthal or African or hell, came from some other planet, it doesn't matter one iota.
    I'm German & British (brit side from arab origin around the crusades)

To the OP:
    Last time I checked even neanderthal were from Africa......just sayin'

And it doesn't matter really, all humans are from 1k-10k breeding pairs 70k years ago so all arguments are mute that made are mute, sorry...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toba_catastrophe_theory
    Last edited by kenn; 07-19-2011 at 11:08 PM.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

888erkan888 is offline Member
    I cant understand how some people wants to feel like they belong to the neanderthal, rather than the african ancestrors. And yeah, even neanderthals are african.

Havent they seen the life-sized dolls of neanderthals? They look very different from us. I think theres no way we have any benefit, or some people more than others, from having neanderthal-genes in us. They are so few we are pretty much normal african people.

Im swedish, but my relatives came from northern france a couple of hunded years ago, I probably have neanderthal-genes in me, but theres no way they can affect me and make me different.

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    I'm a born and bred Texan but have worked a good bit of the last 20 years somewhere or the other in Africa. Currently I'm in Egypt. I'm proud to be a Texan because, well hell, its Texas ! 'nuff said

But I have no problems with having African ancestory and yes, I'm a white guy.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    What the fuck is the point of this whole speculation? Who "wants to be neanderthal and not african?" Or vice versa, for that matter?
    I'm just a modern guy trying to eat better. The rest of it (Grok) is just marketing that makes us all look silly.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    What the fuck is the point of this whole speculation? Who "wants to be neanderthal and not african?" Or vice versa, for that matter?
    I'm just a modern guy trying to eat better. The rest of it (Grok) is just marketing that makes us all look silly.
    she's baiting the racists in the forums
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

trapperjohnme is offline Senior Member
    I get irritated when people try to find racists motivation wherever they can. Heck, we can't even disgree with some politicians without being accused of racism these days it seems

joelwlcx is offline Senior Member
    It wasn't called Africa back 10,000+ years ago... So no, I can't say I'm part African. I have no problem saying humans originated in what is now called Africa, and have nothing against African or black people... But I don't consider it any part of my heritage.

I am, in fact, interested in visiting the African plains, though.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast