Thread: Scenario Based Grok Inspired Workouts... page

pizzmor is offline Member

Scenario Based Grok Inspired Workouts...

Primal Fuel
    Ok so I got this idea for a series of workouts based on some of the things Grok might have experienced back in the day. Now hear me out because I think this might either be cool, or a terrible idea. Kind of like the “Jump To Conclusions” matt.

Anyway, I kind of imagined Grok might have been out for a hunt and maybe have an animal carcass slung over his shoulder walking down the trail back to the cave. On his way, he/she gets waylaid by some predator, maybe a bear, and has to sprint for a while to escape, and maybe then fight a little after the sprint, and then keep hiking.

I imagined setting up a station with a sandbag or Bulgarian exercise bag to simulate the animal, and some Shove Glove exercises to simulate the kill, maybe a sledge hammer and a truck tire, etc. Then after a little while smashing the tire (the hunt), you grab the sandbag (the kill) and begin a slow trot or jog, change to a sprint (the predator trying to steal your food), then after the sprint, maybe another station to simulate fighting off the predator, and then another jog or sprint with the sand bag.

So let me have it. Could this work, or does it suck?

Thanks.
    www.everymanpaleo.com

"Its not that I am too old, your music really does suck..."

gordo is offline Senior Member
    Nah. Jump the backyard fence and kill the neighbors doberman with your bare hands. When your neighbor comes out, kick his ass or run away, depending on the neighbor. Carry the dog home. Butcher it and eat the liver raw. When the cops show up, fight them. Let me know how this works out.

Gordo

pizzmor is offline Member
    LMAO!!! Awesome.
    www.everymanpaleo.com

"Its not that I am too old, your music really does suck..."

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gordo View Post
    Nah. Jump the backyard fence and kill the neighbors doberman with your bare hands. When your neighbor comes out, kick his ass or run away, depending on the neighbor. Carry the dog home. Butcher it and eat the liver raw. When the cops show up, fight them. Let me know how this works out.

Gordo
    now that is bad ass
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

JTWolflied is offline Member
    I'd say it's a good idea if it gives you good results. Nothing wrong with a little imagination and creativity. Part of play is pretending, right? I say go for it.
    http://www.getmoneyout.com

Start: March 2011
    Start Weight: 245 lbs.
    Current Weight (November 2011): 208.4 lbs. and counting.
    Goal weight: 195 lbs.