Thread: Hemp Hearts page

Unshod Sarah is offline Senior Member

Hemp Hearts

Primal Fuel
    Yea or Nay? I got a sample and ate the whole bag for breakfast. They are buttery like macadamia nuts and keep you full forever. They are calorie and fat dense.

What's your thoughts on these yummy seeds?

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    Haven't tried them, but your post got me searching the web for info on them. Here is what the product description on amazon.com says: "Two ounces of hemp seed without the shell contain 314 calories of energy from 20 grams of protein, 23 grams of unsaturated fats consisting of Omegas 3, 6 & 9, 3 grams saturated fat, 6 grams carbohydrate and 3.3 grams of fiber. There is also 2.6 mg iron, 40 mg calcium, 5 mg sodium, 5 mg vitamin E, .5 mg vitamin C and 1200 I.U. vitamin D as well as B2, B6, B1, vitamin A, potassium and phosphorous."

They are a bit expensive, at $20 a pound, but I'll probably give them a try. High fat, low carb, and a good balance of EFAs. And they taste good too? Worth the price.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Unshod Sarah is offline Senior Member
    A pound goes a LONG way. You can't eat too many at one sitting.

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Unshod Sarah View Post
    A pound goes a LONG way. You can't eat too many at one sitting.
    Was thinking that would be the case.

btw, there have been other threads on here about hemp hearts, in case you want more info about what other members think about them. I love the search feature on this site. It really helps in finding old posts. (That's how I found the meatza recipe that would have knocked my socks off if I wore socks.)
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

ShannonPA-S is offline Senior Member
    I like Hemp Hearts. My daughter also does. Occasionally, she eats them for breakfast by themselves (by the spoonful). Better fatty acid ratio than many other nuts/seeds (although still omega-6 dominant by about 4:1 or 3:1 from what I remember). And they make you feel full forever.