Thread: Hello from California:) A question about Nuts. page

rco
    rco is offline Junior Member

Hello from California:) A question about Nuts.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Started last week. I work in a hospital...fast paced...snacking on almonds or walnuts seems to get me through..but, ive seen some posts about limiting nut intake for weight loss and that is partly why i've started this (although I am more and more enthused about the lifestyle choice in general!)...

thoughts on limiting nut intake?

jhc
    jhc is offline Senior Member
    Nuts are calorie dense. If you eat more calories than you burn, you gain weight.

My general strategy is to eat a big, primal lunch and avoid snacking altogether. Alternatively, maybe try taking some veggies or pieces of fruit with you to work?

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to another person from the land of nuts.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Nuts are great for an occasional snack, but ideally you don't want to be snacking.

However, everyone is different, and only you will be able to tell if nuts are hindering you or not. If they aren't, then it doesn't matter.

freqz is offline Member
    If you're eating enough protein and fat during your meals, you won't want to snack. Watch out for those nuts-- they add up QUICK. Every time my fat loss stalls a bit I reevaluate my diet and it turns out I'm eating way too many nuts.