Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Massive Primal FAIL Thread page

gunnk is offline Senior Member

Massive Primal FAIL Thread

Primal Fuel
    I'm an "80% primal" person, but it has made all the difference in the world to me. By "80% primal" I mean a rare cheat, a bit more dairy than is probably best, and a few beans now and again.

By "all the difference in the world" I mean that giving up grains (particularly that Satan-plant WHEAT) means I'm off my dependency on asthma medications for the first time in three decades.

This weekend we went to the beach in the SC low country. We went out for a lovely dinner. I cheated -- just a little, but I cheated. I had a some of my daughter's fried okra (just a little cornmeal on it couldn't hurt, right?) and an Irish Coffee for dessert (everything else had wheat and I didn't think to ask what kind of whiskey was in the drink they prepared).

My lack of diligence rewarded me with TWO DAYS of asthma attacks severe enough that when I coughed I could taste blood. I'm guessing that the okra might have contributed and that the whiskey was "grain-based" rather than just "rye-based" meaning that wheat was included. In any case: a hard-learned lesson about how a "little cheat" can have HORRIBLE repercussions.

So... What is your worst "primal cheat fail" story?
    Life is short: Void the warranty.

Paleobird Guest
    I gave up dairy just in hopes of losing weight but then discovered that I had a lactose intolerance that had been such a low level chronic thing, I thought it was normal. After zero dairy for several months, I saw some goat milk yoghurt and thought ooooh how cool I have to try that. Bad idea. I had gas that night so bad that the dog was offended.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Would it be the "just one bite" delicious wedding cake that turned into a weekend binge ending with me sitting in the parking lot of the grocery store shoveling half a cookie cake down my face before getting ill enough I had to toss the rest of the evidence in the parking lot trash can before driving away to go to be and get back on the wagon in the morning?

Love the thread title, lol.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    By "80% primal" I mean a rare cheat, a bit more dairy than is probably best, and a few beans now and again.
    Sounds higher than 80% to me. Hope you are doing well now.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    40 Chocolate bars over the past few days. I ended up trying the Grok squat crap.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

joelwlcx is offline Senior Member
    A six pack of some rich, sweet-ass, tasty beer... With one of the worst hangovers I have ever had the following morning.

Unshod Sarah is offline Senior Member
    Nothing like the carb hangover after an Italian restaurant binge. I tried to be "good" by not eating wheat, but polenta and rice, wine, a gelato cup and a latte made me feel like I got hit by a truck the next day.

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    Trying some very nice bourbon, and having the headache from hell the next day. Even my unhealthy coworker knew the carb content of THAT stuff. Ouch.

Thanks, Hedonist! I'm doing much, much better. I was able to do an hour-long "cardio-tennis" class last night without needing meds. Looks like I've mostly recovered, though I can still feel the damage to my lungs when I cough. It'll be all a bad (but instructive!) memory by the weekend.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    @paleobird: that had both my wife and I in stitches!

@MamaGrok: yep. One bite (or with wine, one glass) so easily turns into two... three.. and then "WTF was I thinking???" Funny how that works, isn't it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast