Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eating Primal on tour is impossible! page

btownshreds is offline Senior Member

Eating Primal on tour is impossible!

Primal Fuel
    its soooooo hard to not eat pizza, burgers or anything like that on tour....i like crave it.....maybe its because i burn alot of calories playing drums? i dunno...i need support...i dont want to give up on this lifestyle.....thoughts?
    Big brains discuss ideas
    Average brains discuss events
    Small brains discuss people...
    -Eleanore Roosevelt

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Here is a recent post where Mark addresses eating Primal on the go: How to Eat Healthy on the Road | Mark's Daily Apple

Hopefully you can apply some of these tips.

Viking is offline Senior Member
    Are you craving wheat, sugar, carbs? Of course you must have considered removing the burger bun, eating the topping off the pizza and so on, right? If you really need carbs, fries wouldn't be so bad EXCEPT for the PUFAs they are cooked in. Sorry if I'm not helping much! That's all I can think of right now.

btownshreds is offline Senior Member
    that was alot of help dude thank you......i do want to eat toppings and remove buns and stuff but its hard. i feel like im wasting and ill just be hungry again immediatly
    Big brains discuss ideas
    Average brains discuss events
    Small brains discuss people...
    -Eleanore Roosevelt

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    hey dude i just watched the there will be violence video on youtube. i dig the drum beat on the first chorus pretty sweet.

as for your question id say just do the best you can, you know. try eating the burgers without the bun or just the toppings off the pizza. as for cravings, they pretty much go away after awhile, its just you got to give it time, which id imagine is hard on the road. so again id say just do the best you can and try to make the healthiest choices that you can and then when you guys get done touring you should be able to continue a lot easier
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Dude, it is not impossible. It will be harder than doing it at home obviously, but it's not impossible.
    If the temptations are too strong, you might need to assess what situations make you crave non-Primal things.

One thing that I do when on the road for work is find a grocery store and buy a chicken. I then eat the whole chicken. I get tired of chicken really fast, but it keeps me from eating things that I am tempted to eat and know I shouldn't. Sometimes, depending on the store, you could also get a meatloaf or a whole turkey breast. Eat the whole thing, you won't be hungry. Also, getting a pizza with "everything" and only eating the cheese/toppings should get you pretty full.

And, I have to mention this (going back to my days when I was in bands) if there is weed involved, you are fucked. Can't stop the munchies.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, it's going to be hard. But it's going to be a lot easier the longer you can hang in there. After a while, you just don't have the cravings for the crap, assuming you can keep away from it in the beginning.

I'm not on the road, but I don't have an office job. I'm stuck with whatever I can fit in the cooler on the seat of my work truck, so I eat out a lot too. After a while, your body will tell you when the things that seem fairly healthy... aren't. Until then, you have to just tough it out and trust that it will get better. Wish there was an easier way, but...
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Tell them to put a whole cow in your rider!

When I first started and was worried about not getting enough calories, I generally ordered double of what I would have normally ordered (two burgers instead of one), stripped off the buns, and went to town.

pyro13g is offline Senior Member
    Portable grill that uses 1 pound propane tanks. Any grocery with meat. Maybe the hard part is seeing your band mates eat it. And, you should probably keep your carbs up a bit, your choice how you do it. Try to keep it primal and maybe get yourself some Endurox R4 or AMP endurance booster to spike your water while you're playing. A little before you start, during as you get thirsty, and a nice chug right after. As a former guitar player that switched to drums out of boredom, you don't want your arms and legs running out of fuel.

keithpowers is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by btownshreds View Post
    its soooooo hard to not eat pizza, burgers or anything like that on tour....i like crave it.....maybe its because i burn alot of calories playing drums? i dunno...i need support...i dont want to give up on this lifestyle.....thoughts?
    Damn... Good band, bro.
    I hear some Swedish influence in vocals and some NYDM in the rest of the instruments.

A+...
    Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
    Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
    Current weight: 210.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
    ChooseMyPlate

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast