Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: ♥ MisguidedGhost ♥ Primal Journal ♥ page 7

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    I agree wholeheartedly on not using the scale. In fact, just through the thing away. Take front/back/sides photos of yourself every month or two, it's a lot more 'true', so to speak.

Primal ramen?

Okay so. Going to remind everyone again that I lived in Japan for about 2 years. So as I was roaming around the local Asian market I came across shirataki noodles and instantly had a flashback to my home-stay days when my host mom told me I was gaining weight and started feeding these to me instead normal noodles. For those of you who don't know what these are, here's a little description from Wikipedia:

[Shirataki are very low carbohydrate, low calorie, thin, translucent, gelatinous traditional Japanese noodles made from devil's tongue yam (elephant yam or the konjac yam). The word "shirataki" means "white waterfall", describing the appearance of these noodles. Largely composed of water and glucomannan, a water-soluble dietary fiber, they have little flavor of their own. Traditional shirataki noodles have zero net carbohydrates, no food energy, and no gluten, and they are useful for those on low-carbohydrate diets.]

Now, when I was in the store I thought.. a-ha! I can have ramen again, guilt free (only 2 grams of carbs per serving). So I made it tonight with some organic veggie broth and some spices, and added in the noodles (they dont need to be cooked, just heated up) and... I have to say... it's really not that appetizing. I don't particularly remember LIKING these noodles (they also come in a tofu block-like form which is how I usually had them in Japan) and once again, not really digging this. I like the idea of it and thought it would turn out well, but I have to say this is kind of fail.

The reason is the texture of the 'noodles'... it really is gelatinous and when you're chewing them there is something.. just.. something not right, lol. I can't really explain it. I couldn't get through my bowl of it.

BUUUT... if you really miss ramen/other noodle dishes (works best with Asian style dishes) and just want to feel like you're eating a bowl of ramen, maybe you should give it a try. Maybe those more culinarily inclined (is that a word?) can make the broth taste better thus making the 'noodles' taste better? I don't know. Either way, it was kind of fun to try this even if I was a little dissappointed, haha.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ♣════۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩════♣
    .♪♫]▓▓║MisguidedGhost║▓▓[♫♪.
    ♣════۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩════♣

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I've heard from a lot of people being thrown off on the texture of those noodles. I can't even eat regular pasta or even ramen noodles now just due to to texture.

I'm alive. o_____o
    ♣════۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩════♣
    ♣════۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩════♣

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MisguidedGhost View Post
    I'm alive. o_____o
    Yay!!!!! Missed you! I was actually thinking of you the other day.

Oh really? How funny!! Yeah I've definitely been MIA lately but I want to start my blog/journal back up again... I will do a real update post soon! How have you been?!
    ♣════۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩════♣
    ♣════۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩════♣

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Awesome, glad to have you back
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Erm... halp?

Ok so I know I recently posted saying that I was going to make an update post soon... aaaand that was a few months ago. >< Well, here I am finally! My title is referring to the fact that I'm an idiot and I can't even remember how to post on this thing anymore... do I click on "Reply to Thread"? There's no "New Post" or anything...? I just want to make sure I'm posting correctly and not just responding to someones comment, lol.

Aaaaanyyywaaayyy well I don't even know where to begin. I'll just sum things up in a nice nutshell and say that the past year for me has been a complete nightmare. From where this blog left off to now, just... awful. I won't go in to details, but let's just say there's been a breakup of a long term relationship, a move, the start of a scary & destructive relationship, another move... a frightening breakup experience... another move, stress stress & more stress, then the start of ANOTHER relationship, this time a good one. Job stress, money stress, life stress all in between that. Things are *finally* starting to settle down a little bit I guess, but... still a ways to go.

Suffice to say it was difficult to stay 100% primal in those times. I was doing really well all the way up till one of the moves... then I moved back to AZ and things kind of fell apart. I'm happier, and my boyfriend is great, but he doesn't exactly have the healthiest of eating habits. I still cook and stuff, sometimes paleo sometimes not, but we eat out a lot, and I've reverted back to old habits and old fave foods. In the 7 months since I've been back in AZ I've probably gained about 10 pounds. Which thankfully isn't a TON, but still it seems like it. At least I'm tall and it's not horribly depressing but I can definitely tell. Especially after I was doing so well and starting to look how I wanted. Oh well.

Anyhow so the point of restarting this blog or journal is for motivation. I want to get back to how I was, not just for health buuuut for selfish reasons as well. We all want to look good naked don't we? So yeah this will stay pretty informal, just posting whenever I can... but as of today I'm gonna go cold turkey. Goodbye SAD.

Oh and I attached 2 pics of what I look like now. Sorry for the shitty quality, I was taking them fast so my BF wouldn't wonder wtf I was doing, lol. I dont really know how to edit the pics so also sorry if they are huge. Oh and as a reference, I'm 5'10" and I haven't weighed myself in a while but I'm probably about 155 or so, give or take. I was about 135-140 in high school (before boobs came in), and 145-150 seems to be my plateau weight if I'm eating well but not exercising per se. Anyway... more later. <3 20130511_124956_20.jpg20130511_125001_7.jpg

-Meg
    ♣════۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩════♣
    ♣════۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩════♣

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Glad things are turning around for you! Honestly, you look pretty good to me . I bet most of what you are displeased with is bloat! Good food and a bit of exercise and you'll be right as rain in no time, I'm sure.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Blleeehhhh I feel so sick. Can't wait to get over this initial hump of carb flu. Mneehhh.
    ♣════۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩════♣
    ♣════۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩════♣

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast