Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: ♥ MisguidedGhost ♥ Primal Journal ♥ page 6

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Primal Fuel
    I think I'll just have to buy the PB cookbook (tomorrow, when I get paid!). I've been waiting to hear more people say "yes it's awesome!". Nice suit, btw, I look awful in pink, but it suits you! I'm jealous of your figure, my ribcage is long and wide, so i don't have a very narrow waist.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I think I'll just have to buy the PB cookbook (tomorrow, when I get paid!). I've been waiting to hear more people say "yes it's awesome!".
    Only made the one thing from it so far, but I think it's going to be great! It's broken down in to categories of meat (fowl, beef, offal, etc) and like I said it has the substitutes section (rutabega chips!) and desserts which I'm excited about. The book itself is kind of pricy, so I was going to get it on my eReader, but I think the pictures and everything are worth it. I'm sure you'd get much use out of it!

Thanks for the compliment That suit is so old from VS, and the pink is pretty obnoxious, but I still love it, haha.
    ♣════¤۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩¤════♣
    .♪♫]▓▓║MisguidedGhost║▓▓[♫♪.
    ♣════¤۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩¤════♣

geostump is offline Senior Member
    The pink is cute. Suits you.

How was Crazy Stupid Love???? I seriously want to see that and am thinking I may be able to talk the hubs into a movie night Saturday. We may actually be fully and utterly kidless that night.
    Georgette

Quote Originally Posted by geostump View Post
    How was Crazy Stupid Love???? I seriously want to see that and am thinking I may be able to talk the hubs into a movie night Saturday. We may actually be fully and utterly kidless that night.
    Yay for being kidless! I say go see it! I really enjoyed it... and I dragged my BF to go see it and he liked it too Steve Carell and Julianne Moore are great in it!
    ♣════¤۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩¤════♣
    ♣════¤۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩¤════♣

Quote Originally Posted by MisguidedGhost View Post
    Yay for being kidless! I say go see it! I really enjoyed it... and I dragged my BF to go see it and he liked it too Steve Carell and Julianne Moore are great in it!
    I love both of them. I really like Emma Stone but I really don't think she's as bitter as she usually is in movies and I enjoy her angst.
    Georgette

Fewd!!!

Okay, soooo... I saw this recipe on a blog I follow for paleo dirty rice. I looooooooove dirty rice and ironically enough had been craving it the past couple weeks, so I was super excited when I saw this! For those of you that don't know, dirty rice is a Cajun dish made with rice and usually liver and/or sausage, but really it can be made with any meat... and it gives the rice a 'dirty' look, hence the name.

Anyhow, so! Not much to say other than I followed her recipe exactly (Cajun “Dirty (Cauli) Rice” « The Primal Sophisticate) and it came out amazing! It was sooo good, and tasted just like the dirty rice I've made before, minus the cereal grain. If you guys like this type of flavor, I highly recommend trying it!!

<3
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ♣════¤۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩¤════♣
    ♣════¤۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩¤════♣

ThePrimalSophisticate is offline Junior Member
    I'm so glad you liked it!!! My Cajun relatives would be so proud.

I am so making that this weekend! I fracking love dirty rice!!!!
    Georgette

Heeellooo errybooddyy.

Sorry it's been a few days since my last update, but honestly I don't have much to say these days. Still chugging along... been pretty good the past week. Since being home from California, I've had only one cheat, and I felt so horrible while I was doing it that surely it was worth if for nothing more than the learning experience.

My friend convinced me to go get sushi with her, and went to just an average place... known more for being cheap than good, and we did their lunch buffet which has an assortment of things aside from sushi. I went up with my plate and got some fruit, a hard boiled egg, some spicy tofu dish, and like 7 pieces of sushi (some Cali roll, spicy tuna, and one piece of a Vegas roll I think is what it was...) I kind of picked at my plate, already feeling guilty about eating the rice, buuuut I figured I've been so disciplined that a little sushi couldn't hurt.

Anyhow so I had maybe 4 pieces of the 7 or so I got, and felt really, really full. And it wasn't even that good. Total waste of a cheat, IMO. Next time, it's going to be for something that I really, really miss that I will enjoy (well, maybe) eating. I just felt gross and bloated after that. Blech. Next time I'll stick with the sashimi.

On a side note... my kind of staple dinner has been just going to Whole Foods and grabbing whatever veggies and meat I feel like, sauteeing everything together with a little butter and some random spice (past couple days has been cajun seasoning) throwing it in a bowl, and that's it. It tends to work out pretty well and I'm not bored of it yet, but sometimes I feel like.. it tastes so good, how can I be on a 'diet'? Or then I panic and think I someone missed some non-Primal ingredient that managed to sneak its way in to my pan. Ah well, hopefully I'll get over that feeling.

I've decided I'm not going to step on a scale for a week. Weighing myself is really messing with my head and discouraging me, so... no longer! For a while anyway. Alright well enough ramble, here's a picture of what I made last night. (Carrots, cauliflower, tomato, mushrooms, onion, chicken, with some cajun seasoning)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ♣════¤۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩¤════♣
    ♣════¤۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩¤════♣

Crazy Stupid Love was great! Great funny movie with a great cast and the fight scene at the end was tremendous!
    Georgette

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast