Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ♥ MisguidedGhost ♥ Primal Journal ♥ page 2

Somehow disappointteeeddd...

Primal Fuel
    Hi guys! Sooo today I went to the gym.. was planning on doing weights, but I decided to do some sprints instead. It went pretty well, and was relatively easy which leads me to believe I need to sprint for longer next time. I did 15 second sprints, 15-20 second rest. Since this was my first time, I decided to take it a little easy. I think tomorrow I'll do weights.

On a whim I asked one of the trainers if they could possibly measure my body fat %, as I've never been measured and was super curious! I think I got the new guy, because he didn't know how to work the machine, sooo... I kind of question how it was done, but whatever... I'm sure it's an accurate enough portrayal. Although this was around 4:30 pm, when I heard it should be done in the morning. Anyhow! So I was 20.6% which... was kind of disappointing. I think I read in PB that 20% is average for females (correct me if I'm wrong) so I guess that's not TOO bad... but I was somehow hoping I'd be less than average... (only time I'd ever say that is when referring to BF%! lol) Oh well. Guess that should just motivate me more!

Here'a somewhat of a 'before' picture I guess...really want to just tone up overall... ah well. Only uphill from here! <3
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ♣════۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩════♣
    .♪♫]▓▓║MisguidedGhost║▓▓[♫♪.
    ♣════۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩════♣

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    I'd be very surprised if you were 20% fat. Just a number either way, but - nah.

Think so? Hrrm. Well I need to get it accurately measured so I know how much progress I'll be making! If I can't do that at my gym, I'm not quite sure where to go, lol. Oh well.
    ♣════۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩════♣
    ♣════۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩════♣

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    My advice would be to use the mirror. Who cares about a number? You know if you're progressing or regressing perfectly without that.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    I agree with Primal Fist. It's just a number. A number that means nothing if you aren't functional and happy with the way you look. You look very good btw. You have great potential to be one of those women with a killer/athletic physique.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    Nice waist! Hopefully, that'll be me in a few months.

Did you pick your ID from the Paramore song of the same title? Just curious.
    Georgette

Thanks. And yes I did! One of my fave songs.
    ♣════۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩════♣
    ♣════۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩════♣

Confoozled about DAIRY... halp!

Hey guys. Sorry it's been a few days. The weekends are my busy days, and by the time my days off roll around (Mon/Tues) I'm busy running errands/doing absolutely nothing so I haven't been online in a few.

Anyhow, not pictures or anything interested to report, however I feel a bit confused about the topic of dairy. I've consumed dairy my entire life, including milk, with seemingly no ill side effects. Since going primal I've cut out milk (only used it for cereal which I'm not eating anymore for obvious reasons) and if I DO need milk, I'm started using coconut milk. However, I LOVE cheese and yogurt.

From what I've read/researched/gathered it seems that the issue of dairy is primarily up to each individual... yet somehow I still feel guilty or like I'm cheating when I eat yogurt and cheese. I wasn't eating yogurt at all when first switching to PB, but the past 2 days I've had some and I have to say I MISSED IT soooo mucchh. I got the good, organic stuff, not like I'm eating Yoplait, but again I still feel guilty.

Is this.. normal? Maybe I just need to seriously limit myself. Not that I'm eating a whole tub a day or anything, but I'd say as of right now I eat/use cheese at least once a day, and some mornings have cottage cheese for breakfast, and like I said the past 2 days I've been eating a little yogurt. Should I feel guilty? Any suggestions? At a glance eating primal seems simple, but I seem to be making things harder for myself by scrutinizing every little detail and thing I eat. =/

Thoughts? Anyone...anyone..Bueller?

<3
    ♣════۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩════♣
    ♣════۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩════♣

Thanks. I got kind of a back handed compliment a couple years ago.. a woman asked me, "are you a swimmer?" and I told her I used to be on swim team in high school, but not anymore, and she said, "I thought so, you have such broad shoulders"... sigh... >< lol
    ♣════۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩════♣
    ♣════۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩════♣

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Don't feel guilty about the dairy. I eat cheese in large chunks (like an 8oz brick for a snack) and greek yogurt about once a week with some berries mixed in. If you can, get greek yogurt because it has a LOT less sugar and more protein by weight. Fage and Chobani are the two brands that I use and they are pretty comparable to each other. The Fage full fat (I think it just "Total" on the front) is freakin awesome. It also doubles as a sour cream type topping.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast