Thread: Holiday primal appetizer :) mmm bacon page

misathemeb is offline Member

devils on horseback! makes 24 bite size servings

http://www.delish.com/recipefinder/devils-on-horseback-recipe

dates are higher in carbs so maybe a 20% thing however each "devil" is only 1 date. simple ingredient list too! optional add in: stilton cheese

-24 medjool dates, pitted

-12 slice(s) bacon, halved crosswise

-1/3 cup(s) crumbled Stilton cheese

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place 24 toothpicks in a small bowl filled with water; let soak 15 minutes. Line a bakingsheet with parchment paper and fit with a wire rack; set aside.

Halve dates lengthwise being careful not to cut all the way through. Place a small amount of cheese in the center of each date. Wrap a piece of bacon around each date. Secure bacon with a toothpick.

Place dates on prepared baking sheet. Bake until bacon is cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes.

DepRatlAnimal Guest

I'm totally trying this this weekend! Going to a holiday potluck, and I said I'd bring appetizers and salad, primary motivation being to make sure there was something yummy I could eat!

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member

Yum!!!

The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

JamieBelle is offline Member

There is a really nice restaurant in my town that serves "bacon-wrapped dates" as an appetizer. I've not tried it though.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

i lurrrrrrrrve bacon wrapped dates. I'd prefer without the cheese though.

Cutting them in half is a good idea too - you can eat twice as many "pieces." hehe.

I was at a friend's house a few months ago for a party and she had made bacon-wrapped water chestnuts. Something I would've never thought of but SO GOOD. mmm.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.