Thread: Still another meat-bashing fake news item page

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member

Still another meat-bashing fake news item

Shop Now
    This has "agenda" written all over it-

Eating Meat Linked To Disease, Report Says

A new report released Monday claims the science is clear: Eating too much meat is bad for your health.

The so-called Meat Eater's Guide, compiled by the Environmental Working Group, is generating buzz for its "cradle-to-grave" look at the environmental impact of 20 popular types of meat, dairy and vegetable proteins. But it also emphasizes the potential health impact of eating too much meat, recommending that people cut back to decrease their risk of heart disease and certain cancers.
    Eating Meat Linked To Disease, Report Says

You see this all the time on Vegan sites. These people are trying to tweak biology to fit their environmental agenda. I want a clean and sustainable environment too, but I don't like liars either.

Paleobird Guest
    Yep. Same old nonsense. It lumps "red meat" and "processed meat" together as if they were the same thing.

chima_p is offline Senior Member
    Is that what is trying to pass off as science these days... Bloody infuriating.

"Anything Published By Huffington Post Causes Whiplash!"

(from shaking your head through the whole bloody article)

chima_p is offline Senior Member
    I like how at the end they appeal to the authority of chef and author, Mark Bittman, in the related section. Yeah, I'll stick with Anthony Bourdain thanks.

lizzychan5 is offline Senior Member
    Huffington post employes nothing but vegans in writing all their health articles and thus should all be ignored. Not long ago they posted an article about how veganism is great for kids. Kathy Freston: Vegan: Great For Kids!

I like HuffPo's news, but their health articles make me want to barf.

diploid is offline Member
    I have only two questions 'Who funds the EWG and what is their agenda?'. The enviro-fluff is a smokescreen for vested interests elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzychan5 View Post
    Huffington post employes nothing but vegans in writing all their health articles and thus should all be ignored. Not long ago they posted an article about how veganism is great for kids. Kathy Freston: Vegan: Great For Kids!

I like HuffPo's news, but their health articles make me want to barf.
    I agree... recently stopped posting there entirely for that very reason.

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    Huffpo is not a total loss, but I agree that vegans there (or anywhere) are getting their environmental politics and biology mixed up.

Dr Mark Hyman has a Huffpo column and this is an article I point to people often-

Mark Hyman, MD: Gluten: What You Don't Know Might Kill You

Hyman is not 100% Primal/Paleo but his stuff is way above average.
    A bit off topic, but this just happened.....
    I had an argument going on another site over Paleo and grains. I agree with the people there that agriculture opened the door for cities and it fed more people, but that doesn't change biology. Then the topic shifts to would the Earth sustain the current population without grains? I go "maybe not, but that doesn't change biology." Then 2 or 3 of them go off on me, each claiming that I was advocating grains to feed people, and can't have it both ways!

Sometimes I wonder if people even read, or maybe I can't write worth a crap and I'm the only one that understands my own posts!