Thread: Processed Pork Rinds - Paste, hey what? page

Bolivar is offline Senior Member

Processed Pork Rinds - Paste, hey what?

Shop Now
    After discovering a fantastic looking recipe for ground-pork-rind-covered chicken, I thought I MUST give this a go.

I chucked in some pork rinds into my food processor, but it wasn't the dry mix I was expecting. Infact it was much like nut butter! What gives?

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    did you use cracklins? all the fat on those would probably be kinda gross in a food processor.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    What kind of rinds? The baked ones I get are dry as dust. I haven't put them in the food processor but it doesn't seem like they would turn to paste.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Blackbird is offline Senior Member
    Possibly you overprocessed them? I should think you would want pork rind crumbs and not powder.

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    if you bought the poofy kind of pork skins, you could just put them in a ziploc bag & smash them with a heavy skillet; actually i think that would probably work for the cracklins too.

Bolivar is offline Senior Member
    Mr porky ones (UK).