Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggest a Blog Post Topic page

Mark Sisson is offline Administrator

Shop Now

If you think you have a great topic for a blog post, are interested in doing a guest post for MDA, have a "Dear Mark" question or otherwise have a suggestion for me and the Worker Bees post it here. I'll check this forum periodically and try to address as many as possible.

Thanks!

grandma is offline Member

Mark,

I was just pondering meat. Which is the best. I was just looking at ND for N6:N3 ratios for different ground meats wondering which was best for, say, a taco salad.

And when going to ground meat do you get the leanest or opt for more fat. Or should you buy a roast and grind it yourself.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Nick Guest

In the same vein, I'd like to see a post about the prevalence of the wishy washy use of the phrase "lean meats" in all manner of paleo/primal literature and studies. Why do all the study authors and other writers pull that particular punch, and not just admit that fatty meats (as long as they're quality meats with a low O6:O3 ratio) are perfectly healthy?

Daughter of Grok Guest

I would like to know how best to incorporate fruit into a primal lifestyle. On this forum I have heard everything from eating as much as you want to limiting to about 2 servings a day. And also I have heard everything about the best timing of eating the fruit from eating it prior to the fat and protein in ones meal to gain the full impact of the nutrients to eating it after having eaten some fat and/or protein so as not to spike your blood sugar. So I guess my main two questions would be how much and when to eat fruit.

Mark Sisson is offline Administrator

Nick, This has pretty much been addressed already. Check out this post: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/lean-meat/

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Something about the most primal menu items at various chain restaurants... since most of us will find ourselves in situations where we're eating out with groups or whatever, and it's helpful to be "armed" with that knowledge when we go in...

In that same vein, posts about how to deal with non-primal social situations (potluck dinners, for example... filled with desserts, pasta salads, etc) and how to make the best choices without socially ostracizing ourselves.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

Mark there has been a lot of talk in the forums about the PB and the menstrual cycle/type 1 Diabetes.

I also think more articles covering the *transition* from a CW diet to the PB would be very useful. More posts along the lines of what you recently sent us about bread replacements, or your recent post about how to talk to your friends about the PB.

Questioning CW is already a big step. Adding the notion of going cold-turkey on grains and pasta makes the PB seem unreachable for most.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

madMUHHH Guest

I second Daughte rof Groks suggestion. Want to know more about that, too!

Nick Guest

Ah, thanks Mark. That's from over a year before I started reading the site, so hadn't seen it before. I just tend to be entertained by nouns that end up never apart from certain adjectives as a way of perpetuating unsupported hypotheses. Some others aside from "lean meats" are "healthy whole grains" and "artery clogging saturated fat".

GrokOnRock is offline Junior Member

Hey Mark,

I think it would be really great if you did a post on hemp seeds as a smart fuel. With 33% protein and high levels of monounsaturated fats, EFAs and Omega-3s, as well as containing all the amino acids essential to maintaining human life, these little seeds are one of the most nutritious food sources on the planet. While they can be used in all sorts of dishes, I regularly put them in smoothies and they make a great addition to the Primal Energy Bars. Please consider giving your MDA seal of approval to the modest hemp seed.

GrokOnRock

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast