Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggest a Blog Post Topic page 7

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    fertility... seasonal grokette child bearing due to hormones and seasonal foods... grokette pregnancy

David Birchall is offline Junior Member
    Knutsford at weekends, Lancaster through the week

Higher carb day

In the book there is a small mention of the benefit of a higher carb day for those who choose to do lower carb the majority of the time. I would like to know the significance of this. Is it to reset leptin? If so how does this work (quite an interesting hormone I'm told). Also is it to "reset insulin sensitivity" and how does that work?

I'm sure others on the forum would like this cleared up too. I'm experimenting with it at the moment and am finding it beneficial for sprint performance more than anything. I'm not sure whether to eat more fruit or more primal friendly starch or both - doesn't fruit preferentially fill liver glycogen?

Thanks!

Allbeef Patty is offline Senior Member
    To add to David's question, years ago I tried out The Anabolic Diet, which apparently later became The Metabolic Diet, by Mauro DiPasquale. His reasoning for periodic carb loading all had to do with muscle building. Are you familiar with DiPasquale? Is there any truth to his work, and might it be helpful for the Primal body builders and hard gainers to do (not that I fit into either of those categories) with Primal foods?

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Regarding meat: any meat-- mammals, reptiles, amphibians, aquatic, or birds.

I have eaten just about anything I could catch, but lately I am having questions.

I would appreciate an in-depth study on consuming scavengers. They are just as full of poisons and nasty things as the meat produced on stockyards and factory farms.

When --if at all--is it good to consider mussels, crabs, cat fish, pigs, buzzards, etc. etc. to be good for human consumption.

I am starting to have feelings that eating animals of that ilk is akin to dumpster diving.

sjs88 is offline Junior Member
    Hello,

I have been a type 1 diabetic since age 5, and recently started living primal! Seeing as I control my insulin production manually, I would love to see a post about living primally with type 1 and how to best optimize my overall health. Any information on this would be most appreciated.

Thanks!
    Samantha

yellowbison is offline Junior Member
    It would be nice to see something about the potential toxicity, allergy, etc. effects of supplements. And, in that same vein, something about the potential release of toxins and their effects once once goes PB diet (I have a rash I am pretty certain is related).

nedbee is offline Junior Member
    Could you do a post on primal lunchbox? I do house remodeling and must eat out of a small cooler, with no access to a kitchen. I don't want to eat cold meat everyday or a salad everyday. Need some creative inspiration on this one.
    Ned

SuzieP is offline Junior Member
    Could you run a topic on stress please. We all know that stress is bad for us - both physically and mentally but how is it bad for us? Does going primal help with the stress? How would Grok have dealt with stress? I'm not talking work, money, commuting type stress. I'm talking close family bereavement (x3), divorce, moving home all in less than a year type stress. Grok wouldn't have had access to Yoga or Pilates so what would he have done instead?

scubasam is offline Senior Member
    What about a post on breast implants?

Russ is offline Senior Member
    How about Mushrooms? I love those little buggers and i'd like to hear about the health benefits (or any problems) with them, along with maybe a breakdown of the different kinds, and the degree of primality to them? (made that word up!)

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast