Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggest a Blog Post Topic page 5

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

"helping vegetarians to go primal"

Many of us have vegetarian relatives/SOs we care about and struggle to convince them to go primal.

Most of this struggle is because being primal and vegetarian seems to be hard to do in practice. Tips to make the step easier would be very welcome.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

maba is offline Senior Member

I second serial sinner.

How about a "How to start doing workouts" post? For those of us who don't work out often, and can't even do a pull-up or push-up on our own, and can't afford a trainer to help us out?

I am in this category, and a little guidance will go a long way toward helping me get over the hump and start working out.

"The rose petal floats on water. The kingfisher flashes above the pond. Life and beauty swirl in the midst of death."

-al'Lan Mandragoran
    "The Eye of the World" by Robert Jordan

Visit my blog: http://www.antihousewife.com/

Catalina is offline Member

I agree with Serial Sinner and Lady Daraine--a little help for the nonathletes would be great. In one of the archives, a Worker Bee referred to diabetes as "the one shuffling around in the dust while all the other problems got chosen first." Well, some of us were those last ones chosen, and we got any love of athletic endeavor knocked out of us (as in, why bother.. .this is no fun. . .) Can you help us get the fun back even if we can't run, jump, catch, throw, or . . .?

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

It would be cool to have a post elaborating on leptin, and another one on melatonin

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

primalmom is offline Member

I'll second (or third) the Primal kids / family thing

... my kid did NOT want to be the one at the pool eating the HB egg today - he wanted to be the one eating the PIzza Bites LOL !! ... guess he was outta luck !

PrimalMom
    Check out my new blog at http://primalmom.blogspot.com

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

I'd love to see more about how much flexibility there is with regard to safe/smart carb intake for heavy exercisers who are not trying to lose bodyfat.

For example, 200g would normally be a danger zone, right...but what about for a lean, highly active individual who also completes 5 hours of intense exercise weekly. Might 200g be appropriate for that person?

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

whitecap Guest

Hi Mark, I'd like to hear your thoughts on some of the recent research (and not so recent for that matter) on fructose, and what the implications of the differential effects of glucose versus fructose on the metabolism are for the place of starchy carbs in a healthy diet. Thanks.

JamieBelle is offline Member

Hi Mark,

I'd like some "how, what, when: Supplements" information. By that I mean, what are the bottom line essential vitamins, minerals, etc. that we need on a daily basis, for those of us who are a bit on the frugal side and can't afford the master damage formula?

Also, does it matter when we take what supplements; should some supplements be taken at different times of the day (because they interact or cancel each other out); and should they be taken with food or not?

Thanks!

FairyRae2 Guest

PrimalCon New York

Mark,

Have you read the book "Primal Body--Primal Mind"? If you have, I was wondering what your thoughts are on Nora Gedgaudas' views on the amount of protein, carbs and fats human beings *should* eat? In particular, her opinion on protein (that most of us should be getting only 6 oz. of meat/protein or around 44-55g per day??) Here is her blogpost on the subject: http://www.primalbody-primalmind.com/blog/?p=295

I would just love to see your input on this (and on the ideas in her book in general)! Many of the things in her book make a lot of sense to me, but I also felt confused by her diet recommendations.

I just want to mention that I feel very good following the recs on your site (in terms of the amount of carbs/protein/fat I'm getting), and am awaiting the arrival of your PB book in the mail.

Thanks so much!!

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast