Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggest a Blog Post Topic page 4

Suz Guest

Primal Fuel

Bruno that is a good question. I'm not sure if Arrowroot and Buckwheat are more plant based...but I've always wondered about their starch content and how bad it could be when processed as noodles. Although the words processed and noodles probably indicate they are bad for you regardless of starch content

Jedi is offline Member

leptin and its relationship to fats and carbs, please

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

where do extra fat and protein go?

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

SerialSinner... hahahahahhaa.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Mark, my husband is training to be a naval aviator (he earns his wings in August) and seems curious about and mostly open toward the primal blueprint, HOWEVER...

He is very reluctant to give up grains/breads/simple carbs because in a high-G flying situation (like air combat maneuvering) the slightest feeling of fatigue or drop in blood pressure can lead to G-LOC (G-induced loss of consciousness). Of course, a passed-out pilot can't fly very well so this is literally a life-or-death situation. (The Blue Angel pilot who crashed at the Beaufort, SC show turned too quickly, G-LOCed, and died in a crash. We were there to see it. Quite scary.)

Obviously I don't want him to G-LOC due to a change in diet (even if things stabilize over time, he can't have a "bad day") but I would love him to be able to enjoy the primal foods, and eventually lifestyle of the Blueprint. Any thoughts on this or tips for minimizing the carb-burning to fat-burning transition would be awesome.

I know this isn't a really common situation, so I'm not sure if you want to do a whole blog post, but I'd appreciate if you emailed me or just jotted down some thoughts about this if you get a chance.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

brahnamin is offline Senior Member

Can you add a category to the forum called General Primal or something? I keep having questions that don't seem to fit into the categories listed.

An evaluation of The American Dietetic Association

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Catalina is offline Member

I know about how great fish oil is. But I've also read some things over the years about CLA and GLA supplements being good for weight loss. What's your take on these?

"This is your brain on Ketones"

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

"The definitive guide to transitioning from a pervasive hatred for exercise into loving primal workouts"

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast