Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Suggest a Blog Post Topic page 24

mr_jaime is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Dear Mark, he comes my blog post topic suggestion. "Primal eating after a surgery". I've got a surgery six weeks ago and since my surgeon said I should eat as I use to do. I did some research about it and found that C Vitamin, D Vitamin, Zinc, Calcium, and aminoacids like collagen, would accelerate the bone healing process.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum

aradhya is offline Junior Member
    I think more articles covering the *transition* from a CW diet to the PB would be very useful. More posts along the lines of what you recently sent us about bread replacements, or your recent post about how to talk to your friends about the PB.
    Vashikaran mantra used for control someone under your rules.vashikaran mantra moves your life in happy directions.if your life going in the negative way than vashikaran mantra turn your life in positive way.

Sunny_daze is online now Junior Member
    Hi Mark, I am just staring out on my primal journey, AIP right now to be exact. I have been loving this site and have learned so much reading through the blog posts and Dear Mark answers. I do wish it were easier to find archived Dear Mark questions and answers though. It would be great if you had a link up on the main menu of your site to go directly to the Dear Mark archive (Dear Carrie too). An example of this would be like on Dr. Weil's site. He has a link to not just the most recent top 10 Q&A, but a way to look up if a specific subject has been covered already in a Q&A library: DrWeil.com - Official Website of Andrew Weil, M.D.

Thanks for all the great information! I hope to be one of the success stories very soon!

oneuncoolmom is offline Junior Member

Free glutamates in gelatin capsules and bone broth

Dear Mark,
    I'm aware that you discussed free glutamates in a 2008 post. While we Primal eaters can avoid free glutamates from food by cooking everything from basic ingredients, can you please comment on the following:
    1. Does the gelatin formed from making bone broth have too much free glutamate?
    2. Should we take only the contents from our gelatin capsule supplements and throw away the gelatin capsules and take liquid fish oil? THANK YOU!

Margo Shapiro
    Los Angeles

kellyjean81 is offline Junior Member
    Hi Mark, I would love to see a post on the risks and benefits of tanning beds 1-2 times per week for Vit D production, and also about the risks and benefits of red-light therapy for anti-aging. Thank you!

frydaddy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal in Sicily View Post
    Hi Mark,

I would really like to see a thorough post on Asthma.

I've been eating primal since August and really hoped that it would be a magic bullet. While the severity of my symptoms has lessoned, unfortunately my asthma is still really inhibiting some of my daily activities (reading out loud to my toddler when I'm out of breath, playing with her, exercise of any kind, working outside, biking...etc.). I started having asthma 3 years ago, and before that I was very active (competitive swimmer and bike-commuter). I could walk literally all day without getting tired or winded and hung in there with the guys at work (at a Botanical Garden - doing everything from hiking off trail to collect seeds to heavy gardening to giving back to back tours where I walked and talked for an hour and a half non-stop each one).

What are some primal approaches to treatment (you mentioned parasites the other day...while I'll keep that in mind I'm not that desperate yet.) What is your take on the various treatment options out there - from standard inhalers and cortisone to herbal remedies and supplements.

What about exercise? I'n not so interested in being a "real athlete" again, but would like to bike to work, dig a pit for planting a tree, carry my daughter on my shoulders to see a parade and hoist a double load of groceries up a flight of stairs without passing out or needing a rescue inhaler. While I've managed to be on track with the primal diet without any problems, every time I try to start an exercise routine I quit within a couple of weeks because of feeling out of breath and needing to get back on my meds. Not only is it very uncomfortable (as anyone who has ever suffered from asthma can tell you, it feels like someone is sitting on your chest and strangling you), but hacking like a chain-smoker at the pool, track, gym or in the park is embarrassing! Currently I'm off of my regular asthma medication. Is it better to exercise using an inhaler, or not exercise now and not need the inhaler?

I know I'm not the only one out there with asthma! I think a lot of us would appreciate some help.
    Thanks,

Primal in Sicily

p.s. just in case it's pertinent, I'm female, in my mid-thirties and underweight ( around 112 lbs at 5' 9") though the primal diet is helping put a couple more pounds on.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

frydaddy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frydaddy View Post
    Sorry about that empty reply... I too would like for asthma information. I am 46 and am having my third attack this year. Just started primal and have changed doctors to a firm believer in paleo and primal. Can't wait to see the results. First appointment is Monday .

eekisageek is offline Junior Member
    Dear Mark,

I was hoping you would have some information on water retention and how that plays into the primal lifestyle. My weight fluctuates (sometimes up to 8lbs) in a day. I drink on average 2 liters of water a day. I have sea salt on food (i cook with it- i dont cover my food in it) but I am retaining water and the paleo diet doesn't seem to do much as far as helping with that. Does anyone else have this issue? (its not just around a specific time of the month- its all the time)

Any advice feedback would be so helpful!
    Thank you!

meepster is online now Senior Member
    Can we get a post on melatonin, blue light, and cancer? I just read "Great Sleep! Reduced Cancer!" by Richard Hansler, and I'd love to get your take on it. I am typing this wearing orange goggles and feeling like a total dork, and I'd like to know what you think of the idea of wearing orange goggles after sunset.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324